Electric system operations : evolving to the modern grid
- Mani Vadari.
- Boston, Mass. : Artech House, c2013.
- Physical description
- xx, 251 p. : ill. ; 24 cm
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TK1001 .V33 2013||Unknown|
- Vadari, Mani.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction. Define System Operations. Introduction to Power Systems. Impact of Deregulation on System Operations. Impact of Smart/Modern Grid on System Operations. Business of System Operations. Control Center: The Hub of System Operations. Energy Management Systems.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781608075492 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Here is a timely resource that gives engineers and managers an insightful business perspective on electric systems operations, revealing how this area is critical to a utility's ability to provide reliable power to its customers. The book presents a thorough definition of system operations, identifying and explaining the various systems that support this function and how they integrate into the utility. Professionals discover how a utility's network operation is a key contributor to the viable sustainment of its business. The book presents the convergence of the systems used in the grid operations of today and addresses the emerging needs of the smart grid operations of tomorrow. Practitioners learn how system operations help to ensure the right levels of safety, reliability and efficiency in everything that relates to transmission and distribution grid management. The book discusses important technologically intensive systems - like EMS, DMS - that function inside the control center. Additionally, readers are introduced to DEMS - an emerging system which has been designed to help utilities provide better services to customers, and enable customers to become an integral part of the overall utility system.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781608075492 20160612
- Electric power systems.
- Publication date
- 9781608075492 (hbk.)
- 1608075494 (hbk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: