Metric embeddings : bilipschitz and coarse embeddings into banach spaces
- Mikhail I. Ostrovskii.
- Berlin ; Boston : Walter de Gruyter GmbH, 
- Physical description
- xi, 372 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- De Gruyter studies in mathematics ; 49.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA322.2 .O88 2013||Unknown|
- Ostrovskii, Mikhail I., author.
- Includes bibliographical (pages -360) and indexes.
- Publisher's Summary
- Embeddings of discrete metric spaces into Banach spaces recently became an important tool in computer science and topology. The book will help readers to enter and to work in this very rapidly developing area having many important connections with different parts of mathematics and computer science. The purpose of the book is to present some of the most important techniques and results, mostly on bilipschitz and coarse embeddings. The topics include embeddability of locally finite metric spaces into Banach spaces is finitely determined, constructions of embeddings, distortion in terms of Poincare inequalities, constructions of families of expanders and of families of graphs with unbounded girth and lower bounds on average degrees, Banach spaces which do not admit coarse embeddings of expanders, structure of metric spaces which are not coarsely embeddable into a Hilbert space, applications of Markov chains to embeddability problem, metric characterizations of properties of Banach spaces, and Lipschitz free spaces.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783119166225 20160612
- Publication date
- De Gruyter studies in mathematics ; 49
- 3110263408 (hbk.)
- 9783110263404 (hbk.)
- 3119166227 (set)
- 9783119166225 (set)
- 3110264013 (e-ISBN)
- 9783110264012 (e-ISBN)
Browse related items
Start at call number: