Olfactory receptors : methods and protocols
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QH506 .M45 V.1003||Unknown|
- Crasto, Chiquito Joaquim, 1967- editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Databases in SenseLab for the genomics, proteomics, and function of olfactory receptors
- HORDE: Comprehensive resource for olfactory receptor genomics
- Identification of olfactory receptor genes from mammalian genome sequences
- Molecular modelling of odorant/olfactory receptor complexes
- The electrical properties of olfactory receptors in the development of biological smell sensors
- A hit map-based statistical method to predict best ligands for orphan olfactory receptors: Natural key odorants versus "Lock picks"
- A robust, rapid, and simple method of producing olfactory receptors using commercial E. coli cell-free systems
- Human olfactory receptors: Recombinant expression in the baculovirus/sf9 insect cell system, functional characterization, and odorant identification
- Single cell rt-PCR identification of odorant receptors expressed by olfactory neurons
- Next-generation sequencing of the human olfactory receptors
- Deciphering activation of olfactory receptors using heterologous expression in saccharomyces cerevisiae and bioluminescence resonance energy transfer
- Olfactory receptors in human airway epithelia
- Functional characterization of insect olfactory receptor neurons through in vivo approaches
- Functional assay of mammalian and insect olfactory receptors using xenopus oocytes
- Pharmacology of mammalian olfactory receptors
- Visualizing olfactory receptor expression and localization in Drosophila
- Deorphanization of human olfactory receptors by luciferase and ca-imaging methods
- Evolution of olfactory receptors.
- Publisher's Summary
- Despite the best efforts of many and despite landmark discoveries and experimental ingenuity, challenges in the pursuit of research related to olfactory receptors (ORs) continue to exist. In Olfactory Receptors: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field contribute chapters that serve to address these challenges. The volume consists of several sections: knowledge dissemination of ORs, theoretical assessments of OR structure and function, as well as development and use of expression systems and experimental functional analysis. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Concise and practical, Olfactory Receptors: Methods and Protocols seeks to aid researchers in furthering the knowledge of olfaction and moving us ever closer to the thrilling discoveries that will follow.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781627033763 20160612
- Publication date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1003
- Springer protocols
- 9781627033763 (alk. paper)
- 1627033769 (alk. paper)
- 9781627033770 (eBook)
- 1627033777 (eBook)
- 9781617791543 (electronic bk.)
- 1617791547 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: