Jasmonate signaling : methods and protocols
Biology Library (Falconer)
QH506 .M45 V.1011
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.1011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I: Physiology 1. Phenotyping Jasmonate Regulation of Senescence Martin A. Seltmann and Susanne Berger 2. Characterizing Jasmonate Regulation of Male Fertility in Arabidopsis Bryan Thines, Ajin Mandaokar, and John Browse 3. Phenotyping Jasmonate Regulation of Root Growth Fabian Kellermeier and Anna Amtmann Part II: Environment 4. Bioassays for Assessing Jasmonate-Dependent Defenses Triggered by Pathogens, Herbivorous Insects, or Beneficial Rhizobacteria Saskia C.M. Van Wees, Johan A. Van Pelt, Peter A.H.M. Bakker, and Corne M.J. Pieterse 5. Elicitation of Jasmonate-Mediated Defense Responses by Mechanical Wounding and Insect Herbivory Marco Herde, Abraham J.K. Koo, and Gregg A. Howe 6. Pseudomonas syringae Infection Assays in Arabidopsis Jian Yao, John Withers, and Sheng Yang He 7. Jasmonate Signaling in the Field, Part I: Elicited Changes in Jasmonate Pools of Transgenic Nicotiana attenuata Populations Emmanuel Gaquerel, Michael Stitz, Mario Kallenbach, and Ian T. Baldwin 8. Jasmonate Signaling in the Field, Part II: Insect-Guided Characterization of Genetic Variations in Jasmonate-Dependent Defenses of Transgenic and Natural Nicotiana attenuata Populations Emmanuel Gaquerel, Michael Stitz, Mario Kallenbach, and Ian T. Baldwin Part III: Molecules 9. Profiling of Jasmonic Acid-Related Metabolites and Hormones in Wounded Leaves Yusuke Jikumaru, Mitsunori Seo, Hideyuki Matsuura, and Yuji Kamiya 10. A Non-Targeted Approach for Extended Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Profiling of Free and Esterified Jasmonates After Wounding Gaetan Glauser and Jean-Luc Wolfender 11. Cell-Specific Detection of Jasmonates by Means of an Immunocytological Approach Bettina Hause, Kati Mielke, and Susanne Forner 12. Jasmonic Acid-Amino Acid Conjugation Enzyme Assays Martha L. Rowe and Paul E. Staswick 13. Pull-Down Analysis of Interactions Among Jasmonic Acid Core Signaling Proteins Sandra Fonseca and Roberto Solano 14. Yeast Two-Hybrid Analysis of Jasmonate Signaling Proteins Amparo Cuellar Perez, Laurens Pauwels, Rebecca de Clercq, and Alain Goossens 15. Modified Bimolecular Fluorescence Complementation Assay to Study the Inhibition of Transcription Complex Formation by JAZ Proteins Tiancong Qi, Susheng Song, and Daoxin Xie 16. Agroinfiltration of Nicotiana benthamiana Leaves for Co-Localization of Regulatory Proteins Involved in Jasmonate Signaling Volkan Cevik and Kemal Kazan 17. Electrophoretic Mobility Shift Assay for the Analysis of Interactions of Jasmonic Acid-Responsive Transcription Factors with DNA Johan Memelink 18. Transient Expression Assays in Tobacco Protoplasts Robin Vanden Bossche, Brecht Demedts, Rudy Vanderhaeghen, and Alain Goossens 19. Functional Analysis of Jasmonic Acid-Responsive Secondary Metabolite Transporters Nobukazu Shitan, Akifumi Sugiyama, and Kazufumi Yazaki 20. Expression Analysis of Jasmonate-Responsive Lectins in Plants Nausicaa Lannoo and Els J.M. Van Damme Part IV: Omics 21. Profiling the Jasmonic Acid Responses by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance-Based Metabolomics Hye Kyong Kim, Young Hae Choi, and Robert Verpoorte 22. Metabolite Profiling of Plant Tissues by Liquid Chromatography Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance Mass Spectrometry Jacob Pollier and Alain Goossens 23. cDNA-AFLP-Based Transcript Profiling for Genome-Wide Expression Analysis of Jasmonate-Treated Plants and Plant Cultures Janine Colling, Jacob Pollier, Nokwanda P. Makunga, and Alain Goossens 24. Analysis of RNA-Seq Data with TopHat and Cufflinks for Genome-Wide Expression Analysis of Jasmonate-Treated Plants and Plant Cultures Jacob Pollier, Stephane Rombauts, and Alain Goossens 25. Transcriptome Coexpression Analysis Using ATTED-II for Integrated Transcriptomics/Metabolomics Analysis Keiko Yonekura-Sakakibara and Kazuki Saito 26. A Guide to CORNET for the Construction of Coexpression and Protein-Protein Interaction Networks Stefanie De Bodt and Dirk Inze.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- It is now well established that jasmonates, originally identified as the major component of jasmine scent, play a universal role in the plant kingdom and are involved in the regulation of diverse aspects of plant biology, including growth, development, metabolism, and interaction with the environment. In Jasmonate Signaling: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field aim to unite powerful emerging omics platforms with a number of key reductionist approaches to form a comprehensive collection of tools and protocols. The detailed chapters in this book embrace physiological, environmental, molecular, omics, and bioinformatics approaches that allow dissecting jasmonate actions in the model species Arabidopsis thaliana or in other plants. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters feature introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, along with tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Jasmonate Signaling: Methods and Protocols will empower interested researchers to dissect all steps of jasmonate signaling and the processes they modulate.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1011
- Springer protocols, 1949-2448