The beginner's guide to doing qualitative research : how to get into the field, collect data, and write up your project
- Erin Horvat, with Mary Lou Heron, Emily Tancredi-Brice Agbenyega, and Bradley W. Bergey.
- New York : Teachers College Press, 
- Physical description
- xvi, 160 pages ; 23 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|H62 .B357 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (page 154) and index.
- Thoughts for the uninitiated on starting a qualitative project / Erin Horvat
- From the first site to the third place : finding meaning and a research site that works / Mary Lou Heron
- Ethnographic eyes : developing a qualitative project / Erin Horvat
- It matters where you sit : reflecting on the role of positionality in qualitative research / Emily Tancredi-Brice Agbenyega
- Making sense of what you are seeing : analysis and writing / Erin Horvat
- Three times blind : the wandering, wondering path to asking the right question / Bradley W. Bergey.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides theoretically grounded, real-world advice for students beginning to learn how to conduct qualitative research. Drawing on the Erin Horvat's extensive experience teaching qualitative methods, the text uses students' questions and concerns as an organisational framework. Unlike many textbooks, this one provides students with an inside view into the most common dilemmas and challenges they will face as they start doing research. This easy-to-use book addresses the key phases of any ethnographic project from beginning a project and defining its aims, to data collection, analysis, writing, and reporting results. While designed specifically for beginners, seasoned qualitative researchers will find useful insights, helpful tips, and new ways of thinking about qualitative research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780807754160 20160612
- Included Work
- Heron, Mary Lou. From the first site to the third place.
- Publication date
- 9780807754160 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0807754161 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: