Spectral analysis, differential equations, and mathematical physics : a festschrift in honor of Fritz Gesztesy's 60th birthday
- Helge Holden, Barry Simon, Gerald Teschl, editors.
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxx, 376 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Proceedings of symposia in pure mathematics ; v. 87.
Math & Statistics Library
QA1 .A626 V.87
- Unknown QA1 .A626 V.87
- "Publications of Friedrich (Fritz) Gesztesy"--p. xi-xxx.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Table of Contents:* Invaraint measures for stochastic differential equations on networks by S. Albeverio, E. Mastrogiacomo, and L. Di Persio * On the spectra of large sparse graphs with cycles by D. Bolle, F. L. Metz, and I. Neri * Jones' extension operator on Sobolev spaces with partially vanishing traces by K. Brewster, D. Mitrea, I. Mitrea, and M. Mitrea * Some spectral properties of rooms and passages domains and their skeletons by B. M. Brown, W. D. Evans, and I. G. Wood * Finite gap Jacobi matrices: A review by J. S. Christiansen, B. Simon, and M. Zinchenko Momentum operators on graphs by P. Exner * Asymptotic parabolicity for strongly damped wave equations by G. Fragnelli, G. R. Goldstein, J. A. Goldstein, and S. Romanelli * On rates in Euler's formula for $C_9$-semigroups by A. Gomilko and Y. Tomilov * Construction of a noncommutative quantum field theory by H. Grosse and R. Wulkenhaar * Periodic conservative solutions for the two-component Camassa-Holm system by K. Grunert, H. Holden, and X. Raynaud * A minimal uncertainty product for one-dimensional semiclassical wave packets by G. A. Hagedorn * On a transformation of Bohl and its discrete analogue by E. M. Harrell, II and M. L. Wong * The Morse and Maslov indices for matrix Hill's equations by C. K. R. T. Jones, Y. Latushkin, and R. Marangell * 1-D Schrodinger operators with local point interactions: A review by A. Kostenko and M. Malamud * Inverse problem for small oscillations by Y. I. Lyubarskii and V. A. Marchenko * On the Weyl-Titchmarsh and Livsic functions by K. A. Makarov and E. Tsekanovskii * Stability for the inverse resonance problem for the CMV operator by R. Shterenberg, R. Weikard, and M. Zinchenko * On a conjecture of A. Bikchentaev by F. A. Sukochev * Spectral theory as influenced by Fritz Gesztesy by G. Teschl and K. Unterkofler * Prescribed asymptotic behavior for nonlinear second-order dynamic equations by M. Unal and A. Zafer.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume contains twenty contributions in the area of mathematical physics where Fritz Gesztesy made profound contributions. There are three survey papers in spectral theory, differential equations, and mathematical physics, which highlight, in particular, certain aspects of Gesztesy's work. The remaining seventeen papers contain original research results in diverse areas reflecting his interests. The topics of these papers range from stochastic differential equations; operators on graphs; elliptic partial differential equations; Sturm-Liouville, Jacobi, and CMV operators; semigroups; to inverse problems.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Differential equations.
- Mathematical physics.
- Ordinary differential equations -- Dynamic equations on time scales or measure chains -- Dynamic equations on time scales or measure chains.
- Ordinary differential equations -- Ordinary differential operators -- General spectral theory.
- Partial differential equations -- Spectral theory and eigenvalue problems -- General topics in linear spectral theory.
- Partial differential equations -- Hyperbolic equations and systems -- Initial value problems for first-order hyperbolic systems.
- Functional analysis -- Linear function spaces and their duals -- Sobolev spaces and other spaces of "smooth" functions, embedding theorems, trace theorems.
- Operator theory -- General theory of linear operators -- General (adjoints, conjugates, products, inverses, domains, ranges, etc.)
- Operator theory -- Special classes of linear operators -- Jacobi (tridiagonal) operators (matrices) and generalizations.
- Quantum theory -- Quantum field theory; related classical field theories -- Constructive quantum field theory.
- Quantum theory -- General mathematical topics and methods in quantum theory -- Selfadjoint operator theory in quantum theory, including spectral analysis.
- Systems theory; control -- Stochastic systems and control -- Stochastic systems, general.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Proceedings of symposia in pure mathematics ; v. 87
- 9780821875742 (alk. paper)
- 0821875744 (alk. paper)