Hamilton-Jacobi equations : approximations, numerical analysis and applications : Cetraro, Italy 2011
- Yves Achdou, Guy Barles, Hitoshi Ishii, Grigory L. Litvinov ; editors: Paola Loreti, Nicoletta Anna Tchou.
- Heidelberg ; New York : Springer, 
- Copyright notice
- © 2013
- Physical description
- xv, 301 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Lecture notes in mathematics (Springer-Verlag) 2074.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|Shelved by Series title V.2074||At bindery|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Finite difference methods for mean field games / Yves Achdou
- An introduction to the theory of viscosity solutions for first-order Hamilton-Jacobi equations and applications / Guy Barles
- A short introduction to viscosity solutions and the large time behavior of solutions of Hamilton-Jacobi equations / Hitoshi Ishii
- Idempotent/tropical analysis, the Hamilton-Jacobi and Bellman equations / Grigory L. Litvinov.
- Publisher's Summary
- These Lecture Notes contain the material relative to the courses given at the CIME summer school held in Cetraro, Italy from August 29 to September 3, 2011. The topic was "Hamilton-Jacobi Equations: Approximations, Numerical Analysis and Applications". The courses dealt mostly with the following subjects: first order and second order Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman equations, properties of viscosity solutions, asymptotic behaviors, mean field games, approximation and numerical methods, idempotent analysis. The content of the courses ranged from an introduction to viscosity solutions to quite advanced topics, at the cutting edge of research in the field. We believe that they opened perspectives on new and delicate issues. These lecture notes contain four contributions by Yves Achdou (Finite Difference Methods for Mean Field Games), Guy Barles (An Introduction to the Theory of Viscosity Solutions for First-order Hamilton-Jacobi Equations and Applications), Hitoshi Ishii (A Short Introduction to Viscosity Solutions and the Large Time Behavior of Solutions of Hamilton-Jacobi Equations) and Grigory Litvinov (Idempotent/Tropical Analysis, the Hamilton-Jacobi and Bellman Equations).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642364327 20160612
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in mathematics, 0075-8434 ; 2074
- These lecture notes contain the material relative to the courses given at the CIME Summer School held in Cetraro, Italy, from August 29 to September 3, 2011.
- 9783642364334 (electronic bk.)
- 3642364330 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: