Parasitic nematodes : molecular biology, biochemistry and immunology
- edited by Malcolm W. Kennedy and William Harnett.
- 2nd ed.
- Wallingford, Oxfordshire : CABI Publishing, .
- Physical description
- xxi, 423 pages : ill. ; 25 cm.
Biology Library (Falconer)
QL391 .N5 P37 2013
- Unknown QL391 .N5 P37 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The genome of Pristionchus pacificus and the evolution of parasitism / Ralf J. Sommer & Akira Ogawa
- Life-history plasticity and responses to host defence / Mark Viney
- The complex armory of plant-parasitic nematodes / David McK. Bird and Peter M. DiGennaro
- Innate immunity in Caenorhabditis elegans and other nematodes / Marie-Noëlle Rosso, Nathalie Pujol and Jonathan J. Ewbank
- Nematodes and regulatory T cells / Katherine A. Smith and Rick M. Maizels
- The alternatively-activated macrophage / Dominik Rückerl, Stephen Jenkins & Judith E. Allen
- Regulation of immunity and inflammation following intestinal helminth infection / Matthew Hepworth, Richard K. Grencis and David Artis
- Influence of nematodes on Mycobacterium tuberculosis and related mycobacteriae : from disease outcome to immune responses / Subash Babu and Thomas B. Nutman
- Modulation of autoimmune and allergic responses by defined nematode molecules / William Harnett ... [et al.]
- Genetics and mechanisms of drug resistance in nematodes / Roger Prichard and Anne Lespine
- Genetics of resistance to hookworm infection / Rupert J. Quinnell and Jerzy M. Behnke
- Vaccination against filarial nematodes / Sara Lustigman and Thomas R. Klei
- A vaccine against Haemonchus contortus : current status and future possibilities / David Knox
- Nematodes and human therapeutic trials / David E. Elliott ... [et al.]
- Nematode neuropeptide communication systems / Angela Mousley ... [et al.]
- The Wolbachia bacterial endosymbionts of filarial nematodes / Jeremy M. Foster ... [et al.]
- The nematode cuticle-synthesis, modification and turnover / Antony P. Page
- Proteases of nematodes-from free-living to parasite / Collette Britton
- Nematode allergens / Svenja Steinfelder ... [et al.]
- The unusual lipid binding proteins of nematodes : NPAS, nemFABPs and FARs / Malcolm W. Kennedy ... [et al.].
- Publisher's Summary
- Covering a wide range of rapidly-developing fields of research into parasitic nematodes, this comprehensive volume discusses the genetics, biochemistry and immunology of nematode parasites of humans as well as domestic animals and plants. This fully-updated edition also covers new advances including horizontal gene transfer, immune expulsion mechanisms, genetics of susceptibility in humans, nematode protein structures, role of bacterial symbionts, intrinsic immune response, host immune system modulation, modulation of allergic and autoimmune diseases and the use of parasitic nematodes or their products as therapeutics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781845937591 (Cloth)
- 1845937597 (Cloth)