Emerging practices in international development evaluation
- edited by Stewart I. Donaldson, Tarek Azzam, Ross F. Conner.
- Charlotte : IAP/Information Age Publishing Inc., 2013.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 253 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Evaluation and society.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Searching for approaches to improve international development evaluations / Stewart Donaldson, Tarek Azzam, and Ross Conner
- Evaluation in developing countries : what makes it different? / Shiva Kumar and Zenda Ofir
- Organizational performance assessment / Charles Lusthaus and Katrina Rojas
- Evaluating capacity development / Peter Morgan
- Evaluating policy influence / Fred Carden and Colleen Duggan
- Evaluating networks and partnerships / Heather Creech
- Evaluating coalitions / Jared Raynor
- Evaluating sustainable development / Steve Bass and Alastair Bradstock
- Evaluating innovation / Steve Rochlin and Sasha Radovich
- Future directions for improving international development evaluations / Stewart Donaldson, Tarek Azzam, and Ross Conner
- About the contributors.
- Publisher's Summary
- The impetus for this volume comes from reflecting on many years of experience, successes and failures in development evaluation in Asia and Africa, and from recent work supported by the Rockefeller Foundation on Rethinking, Reshaping, and Reforming Evaluation. The concepts, frameworks and ideas presented in this volume are a useful contribution to the ongoing efforts at rethinking, reforming and reshaping international development evaluation. They come from leading thinkers and practitioners in development, evaluation, research and academia who have recognised that development evaluation must evolve if it is to respond to the challenges of the 21st Century and play a meaningful role in social and economic transformation. This volume will be of great interest to evaluation scholars, practitioners, and students, particularly to those interested in international development projects, programs, and policies. This book will be appropriate for a wide range of courses, included Introduction to Evaluation, International Development Evaluation, Program Evaluation, Policy Evaluation, and evaluation courses in International Development, International Relations, Public Policy, Public Health, Human Services, Sociology, and Psychology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781623961831 20190129
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Evaluation and society
- 9781623961848 (hardcover)
- 162396184X (hardcover)
- 9781623961831 (pbk.)
- 1623961831 (pbk.)
- 9781623961855 (ebook)
- 1623961858 (ebook)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: