Differential geometry of singular spaces and reduction of symmetry
- J. Śniatycki.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 235 pages ; 24 cm.
- New mathematical monographs ; 23.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA641 .S55 2013||Unknown|
- Śniatycki, Jędrzej.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -232) and index.
- Preface-- 1. Introduction-- Part I. Differential Geometry of Singular Spaces: 2. Differential structures-- 3. Derivations-- 4. Stratified spaces-- 5. Differential forms-- Part II. Reduction of Symmetries: 6. Symplectic reduction-- 7. Commutation of quantization and reduction-- 8. Further examples of reduction-- References-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107022713 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- In this book the author illustrates the power of the theory of subcartesian differential spaces for investigating spaces with singularities. Part I gives a detailed and comprehensive presentation of the theory of differential spaces, including integration of distributions on subcartesian spaces and the structure of stratified spaces. Part II presents an effective approach to the reduction of symmetries. Concrete applications covered in the text include reduction of symmetries of Hamiltonian systems, non-holonomically constrained systems, Dirac structures, and the commutation of quantization with reduction for a proper action of the symmetry group. With each application the author provides an introduction to the field in which relevant problems occur. This book will appeal to researchers and graduate students in mathematics and engineering.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107022713 20160612
- Supplemental links
- Cover image
- Publication date
- New mathematical monographs ; 23
- 9781107022713 (hardback)
- 1107022711 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: