Stem cells and bone tissue
- Boca Raton : Taylor & Francis, c2013.
- Physical description
- ix, 412 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
QH588 .S83 S742975 2013
- Unknown QH588 .S83 S742975 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- INTRODUCTORY TEXT AND SOURCES OF STEM CELLS FOR SKELETAL TISSUE. Endothelial Progenitor Cell-Based Therapy for Orthopaedic Regenerative Medicine. Transplanted Bone Marrow Stromal Cells and Bone Tissue Regeneration. Isolation and Purification Methods for Mesenchymal Stem Cells. The Human Nose offers a new Stem Cell Source for Bone Injuries. Multipotential Mesenchymal Stromal/Stem Cells in Skeletal Tissue Repair. Adipose-derived Stem Cells (ASCs) and Bone Repair: an Overview in Regenerative Medicine. CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR ASPECTS. The Modulation of Skeletal Stem Cell Function through Nanoscale Topography. Myostatin (GDF-8) Signaling in Progenitor Cells and Applications to Bone Repair. c-Jun-centered Regulatory Network of Signalling Pathways in Bone Stem Cells and Applications to Bone Repair. Endothelial Progenitor Cells, Lnk and Bone Fracture Healing. Stromal Cell-derived Factor 1/CXCR4 Signaling, Stem Cells, and Fractures. Chromatin Remodeling and Transcriptional Control of Mesenchymal Cells towards the Osteogenic Pathway. CONDITIONS, APPLICATIONS, TREATMENTS AND REPAIRS. Use of Chondrogenic Progenitor Cells in Osteoarthritis. Allogeneic Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Bone Tissue Engineering: Clinical and Basic Research on Perinatal Hypophosphatasia. Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Autosomal Recessive Osteopetrosis. Human Fetal Stem Cells and Osteogenesis Imperfecta: Rodent Studies. G-CSF-mobilized Haploidentical Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplantation in Childhood Osteopetrosis. Combining Osteochondral Stem Cells and Biodegradable Hydrogels for Bone Regeneration. Rabbit Adipose-derived Stem Cells and Tibia Repair. Transplantation of Human Adipose-derived Stem Cells for Fracture Healing: Multi-lineage Differentiation Potential and Paracrine Effects.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Stem cells potentially offer a novel therapeutic platform to treat bone disease. They also help the scientist understand the molecular and cellular aetiology of bone disorders. Gaining knowledge on the nature and application of stem cell sciences is a prerequisite for understanding their potential in treating or preventing bone disorders. Stem Cells and Bone Tissue is designed to address these areas in three sections: * Introductory Text and Sources of Stem Cells for Skeletal Tissue * Cellular and Molecular Aspects * Conditions, Applications, Treatments and Repairs Coverage includes general aspects of stems cells, sources of stems cells, isolation and purification, applications in regeneration, nanoscale topography, myostatin (GDF-8) signalling, c-Jun, Lnk, cell-derived Factor 1/CXCR4, chromatin remodelling, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, hypophosphatasia, osteopetrosis, osteogenesis, and many other areas of merit too numerous to mention.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editors, Rajkumar Rajendram, Victor R. Preedy, Vinood B. Patel.
- 9781466578418 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1466578416 (hardcover : alk. paper)