HPCR Manual on international law applicable to air and missile warfare
- produced by The Program on Humanitarian Policy and Conflict Research at Harvard University.
- New York, NY : Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- lxii, 441 pages ; 23 cm
Law Library (Crown)
|KZ6680 .H68 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Section A. Definitions-- Section B. General framework-- Section C. Weapons-- Section D. Attacks-- Section E. Military objectives-- Section F. Direct participation in hostilities-- Section G. Precautions in attacks-- Section H. Precautions by the belligerent party subject to attack-- Section I. Protection of civilian aircraft-- Section J. Protection of particular types of aircraft-- Section K. Specific protection of medical and religious personnel, medical units and transports-- Section L. Specific protection of medical aircraft-- Section M. Specific protection of the natural environment-- Section N. Specific protection of other persons and objects-- Section O. Humanitarian aid-- Section P. 'Exclusion zones' and no-fly zones-- Section Q. Deception, ruses of war and perfidy-- Section R. Espionage-- Section S. Surrender-- Section T. Parachutists from an aircraft in distress-- Section U. Contraband, interception, inspection and capture-- Section V. Aerial blockade-- Section W. Combined operations-- Section X. Neutrality.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107625686 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- The HPCR Manual on International Law Applicable to Air and Missile Warfare provides the most up-to-date restatement of existing international law applicable to the conduct of air and missile warfare. The HPCR Manual and its associated rule-by-rule Commentary are the results of a six-year endeavor led by the Program on Humanitarian Policy and Conflict Research (HPCR) at Harvard University, during which it convened an international group of renowned legal experts and practitioners to reflect on the current legal framework regulating air and missile warfare from various sources of international law. Through the publication of the HPCR Manual and its associated Commentary, HPCR hopes that legal advisors and military officers will benefit from an in-depth presentation - and interpretation - of international law applicable to military operations involving air and missile warfare. As a result, it is expected that a greater clarity of the law will enhance the protection of civilians in armed conflict.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107625686 20160612
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Manual on international law applicable to air and missile warfare
- 9781107034198 (hardback)
- 1107034191 (hardback)
- 9781107625686 (pbk.)
- 1107625688 (pbk.)
- 1107250390 (electronic bk.)
- 9781107250390 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: