Book citation index. Science (BKCI-S) [electronic resource].
- [New York, N.Y.] : Thomson Reuters.
"The Book Citation Index is designed to enhance the powerful discovery and analysis capabilities of Web of Knowledge by incorporating comprehensive book citation data. Researchers can search for and identify the most relevant and esteemed literature along with the 12,000 peer-reviewed journals and 150,000 conference proceedings already indexed in Web of Knowledge, enabling users to navigate the links in citations across books, journals and proceedings. Books are indexed at the chapter level, resulting in improved searches and deeper insights into the citing behavior between books and the wider world of scholarly research.
- Content for the Book Citation Index is comprised of scholarly books, both electronic and print, that present fully referenced articles of original research or reviews of the literature, and has been carefully selected based on well-defined criteria to offer the most significant literature available. The index consists of 25,000 books, dating back to 2005. Coverage is expected to rise to 30,000 books by the end of 2011, with 10,000 new books added each year."--Thomson-Reuters press release, Oct. 2011.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Book citation index science (BKCI-S)
- Science (BKCI-S)
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2011.
- Part of Web of science.
- Database coverage: 2005 to present.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Related Work
- Web of science.