History of modern art : painting, sculpture, architecture, photography
- H.H. Arnason, Elizabeth C. Mansfield, National Humanities Centre.
- Seventh edition.
- Boston : Pearson, 
- Physical description
- xvi, 816 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 763-789) and index.
- The origins of modern art
- The search for truth : early photography, Realism, and Impressionism
- Arts and crafts, Art Nouveau, and the beginnings of Expressionism
- The new century : experiments in color and form
- Expressionism in Germany and Austria
- Early modern architecture
- European art after Cubism
- Picturing the wasteland : Western Europe during World War I
- Art in France after World War I
- Clarity, certainty, and order : De Stijl and the pursuit of Geometric Abstraction
- Bauhaus and the teaching of modernism
- American art before World War II
- Abstract Expressionism and the new American sculpture
- Postwar European art
- Nouveau réalisme and Fluxus
- Taking chances with popular culture
- Playing by the rules : 1960s abstraction
- Modernism in architecture at mid-century
- Conceptual and activist art
- Post-minimalism, earth art, and new imagists
- Painting through history
- New perspectives on art and audience
- Contemporary art and globalization
- Publisher's Summary
- A Comprehensive Overview – available in digital and print formats History of Modern Art is a visual comprehensive overview of the modern art field. It traces the trends and influences in painting, sculpture, photography and architecture from the mid-nineteenth century to the present day. The seventh edition deepens its discussions on social conditions that have affected the production and reception of modern and contemporary art. Learning Goals Upon completing this book, readers should be able to: Understand the origins of modern art Provide an analysis of artworks based on formal and contextual elements Recognize the influences of social conditions on modern art NOTE: MySearchLab does not come automatically package with this text. To purchase MySearchlab, please visit: www.mysearchlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the eText + MySearchLab: Valuepack ISBN-10: 0205955517/ ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205955510 .
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780205259472 20160612
- Art, Modern.
- Publication date
- 9780205259472 (pbk.)
- 0205259472 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: