Pseudo-differential operators with discontinuous symbols : Widom's conjecture
- A.V. Sobolev.
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 2013.
- Physical description
- v, 104 pages ; 25 cm.
- Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society ; no. 1043.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|Shelved by Series title NO.1043||Unknown|
- Sobolev, A. V. (Aleksandr Vladimirovich)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 103-104) and index.
- Introduction Main result Estimates for PDO's with smooth symbols Trace-class estimates for operators with non-smooth symbols} Further trace-class estimates for operators with non-smooth symbols A Hilbert-Schmidt class estimate Localisation Model problem in dimension one Partitions of unity, and a reduction to the flat boundary Asymptotics of the trace (9.1) Proof of Theorem 2.9 Closing the asymptotics: Proof of Theorems 2.3 and 2.4 Appendix 1: A lemma by H. Widom Appendix 2: Change of variables Appendix 3: A trace-class formula Appendix 4: Invariance with respect to the affine change of variables Bibliography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821884874 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Relying on the known two-term quasiclassical asymptotic formula for the trace of the function f(A) of a Wiener-Hopf type operator A in dimension one, in 1982 H. Widom conjectured a multi-dimensional generalisation of that formula for a pseudo-differential operator A with a symbol a(x, ?) having jump discontinuities in both variables. In 1990 he proved the conjecture for the special case when the jump in any of the two variables occurs on a hyperplane. The present paper provides a proof of Widom's Conjecture under the assumption that the symbol has jumps in both variables on arbitrary smooth bounded surfaces.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821884874 20160612
- Publication date
- Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society, 0065-9266 ; no. 1043
- "March 2013, Volume 222, Number 1043 (second of 5 numbers)."
- 9780821884874 (alk. paper)
- 0821884875 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: