- Sylvia S. Mader, Michael Windelspecht ; with contributions by David Cox.
- 13th ed.
- New York, NY : McGraw-Hill, c2014.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings) : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 28 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QP36 .M2 2014||Unknown|
- 1 Exploring Life and Science Unit 1 Human Organization 2 Chemistry of Life 3 Cell Structure and Function 4 Organization and Regulation of Body Systems Unit 2 Maintenance of the Human Body 5 Cardiovascular System: Heart and Blood Vessels 6 Cardiovascular System: Blood 7 The Lymphatic and Immune Systems Infectious Diseases Supplement 8 Digestive System and Nutrition 9 Respiratory System 10 Urinary System Unit 3 Movement and Support in Humans 11 Skeletal System 12 Muscular System Unit 4 Integration and Coordination in Humans 13 Nervous System 14 Senses 15 Endocrine System Unit 5 Reproduction in Humans 16 Reproductive System 17 Development and Aging Unit 6 Human Genetics 18 Patterns of Chromosome Inheritance 19 Cancer 20 Patterns of Genetic Inheritance 21 DNA Biology and Technology Unit 7 Human Evolution and Ecology 22 Human Evolution 23 Global Ecology and Human Interferences 24 Human Population, Planetary Resources, and Conservation.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073525488 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Instructors consistently ask for a human biology textbook that helps students develop an understanding of the main themes of biology while placing the material in the context of the human body. Mader's "Human Biology" was developed to fill this void. To accomplish the goal of improving scientific literacy, while establishing a foundation of knowledge in human biology and physiology, "Human Biology" integrates a tested, traditional learning system with modern digital and pedagogical approaches designed to stimulate and engage today's student. Multimedia Integration: Michael Windelspecht represents the new generation of digital authors. Through the integration of multimedia resources, such as videos, animations and MP3 files, and in the design of a new series of guided tutorials, Dr Windelspecht has worked to bring Dr. Mader's texts to the new generation of digital learners. A veteran of the online, hybrid, and traditional teaching environments, Dr. Windelspecht is well versed in the challenges facing today's students and educators. Dr. Windelspecht guided all aspects of the Connect content accompanying "Human Biology". The authors of the text identified several goals that guided them through the revision of "Human Biology, Thirteenth Edition": build upon the strengths of the previous editions of the text, enhance the learning process by integrating content that appeals to today's students, deploy new pedagogical elements, including multimedia assets, to increase student interaction with the text, develop a new series of digital assets designed to engage the modern student and provide assessment of learning outcomes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073525488 20160612
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9780073525488 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 0073525480 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: