Plant roots : the hidden half
- edited by Amram Eshel, Tom Beeckman.
- 4th ed.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings) : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QK644 .P54 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- The Evolution and Genomics of Roots The Origin of Roots-- Paul Kenrick Arabidopsis Root-- Jaimie M. Van Norman, Louisa M. Liberman, and Philip N. Benfey Root Structure Cellular Patterning of the Root Meristem-- Kimberly L. Gallagher Cellular Patterning in the Root Epidermis-- Yana M. Wieckowski and John Schiefelbein Structure and Function of Three Suberized Cell Layers-- Chris J. Meyer and Carol A. Peterson Lateral Root Development-- Leentje Jansen, Marlies Demeulenaere, and Tom Beeckman Vascular Development in Arabidopsis Roots-- Anthony Bishopp, Sedeer El-Showk, and Yka Helariutta Secondary Growth of Tree Roots-- Nigel Chaffey Rice : A Model Plant to Decipher the Hidden Origin of Adventitious Roots-- Yoan Coudert, Van Anh Le Thi, and Pascal Gantet Genetic Analysis of Maize Root Development-- Frank Hochholdinger and Guenter Feix Molecular Mechanisms Involved in Adventitious Root Formation-- Joseph Riov, David Szwerdszarf, Mohamad Abu-Abied, and Einat Sadot Regulation of Root Growth Auxin Signaling in Primary Roots-- Catherine Perrot-Rechenmann Role of Gibberellins in Root Growth-- Eiichi Tanimoto and Ko Hirano Molecular Basis of Cytokinin Action during Root Development-- Serena Perilli, Laila Moubayidin, and Sabrina Sabatini Ethylene Regulates Root Growth and Development-- Daniel R. Lewis and Gloria K. Muday Abscisic Acid in Root Growth and Development-- Ive De Smet and Hanma Zhang Brassinosteroid Signaling in Root Development-- Josep Vilarrasa-Blasi, Mary-Paz Gonzalez-Garcia, and Ana I. Cano-Delgado Role of Strigolactones in Root Development and Communication-- Hinanit Koltai Root Gravitropism-- Ranjan Swarup, Darren M. Wells, and Malcolm J. Bennett Calcium: From Root Macronutrient to Mechanical Signal-- Sarah Swanson and Simon Gilroy Soil Resource Acquisition Root-Based Solutions to Increasing Crop Productivity-- Michelle Watt, Anton P. Wasson, and Vincent Chochois Root Architecture and Resource Acquisition-- Ahmad M. Manschadi, Gunther G.B. Manske, and Paul L.G. Vlek Root pH Regulation-- Joska Gerendas and R. George Ratcliffe Root Water Uptake and Water Flow in the Soil-Root Domain-- Guillaume Lobet, Charles Hachez, Francois Chaumont, Mathieu Javaux, and Xavier Draye Inorganic Nitrogen Acquisition and Signaling-- Alain Gojon Nutrient Uptake and Root System Architecture Modeling-- Moshe Silberbush, Amram Eshel, and Jonathan P. Lynch Global Change and Root Lifespan-- David M. Eissenstat, M. Luke McCormack, and Quanying Du Developmental Adaptations in Roots of Desert Plants with Special Emphasis on Cacti-- Joseph G. Dubrovsky and Svetlana Shishkova Root Systems of Woody Plants-- Frederic Danjon, Alexia Stokes, and Mark R. Bakker Roots as a Source of Food-- Daniel F. Austin and Robert Jarret Root Response to Stress Temperature Effects on Root Growth-- Marc Faget, Stephan Blossfeld, Siegfried Jahnke, Gregor Huber, Ulrich Schurr, and Kerstin A. Nagel Flooding Tolerance Mechanisms in Roots-- Kurt V. Fagerstedt, Olga B. Blokhina, Chiara Pucciariello, and Pierdomenico Perata Plant Roots under Aluminum Stress-- Hideaki Matsumoto and Yoko Yamamoto Root Responses to Trace Metallic Elements-- Nathalie Verbruggen and Christian Hermans Maintaining Root Growth in Drying Soil-- Eric S. Ober and Robert E. Sharp Effects of Salinity on Root Growth-- Nirit Bernstein Soil Mechanical Resistance and Root Growth and Function-- W. Richard Whalley and A. Glyn Bengough Root-Rhizosphere Interactions Fungal Root Endophytes-- Thomas N. Sieber and Christoph R. Grunig Molecular Physiology of Tree Ectomycorrhizal Interactions-- Mohammad Tanbir Habib, Till Heller, and Andrea Polle Mycorrhizae-Rhizosphere Determinants of Plant Communities-- Ingrid Kottke amd Gabor M. Kovacs Response of Soybean Roots to Soybean Cyst Nematode at the Molecular Levell-- Benjamin F. Matthews, Heba M.M. Ibrahim, Parsa Hosseini, Nadim Alkharouf, and Savithiry Natarajan Modern Research Techniques Minirhizotron Techniques-- Boris Rewald and Jhonathan E. Ephrath Noninvasive Tools for Measuring Metabolism and Biophysical Analyte Transport at the Root-Rhizosphere Interface-- Eric S. McLamore and D. Marshall Porterfield Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439846483 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- The decade since the publication of the third edition of this volume has been an era of great progress in biology in general and the plant sciences in particular. This is especially true with the advancements brought on by the sequencing of whole genomes of model organisms and the development of "omics" techniques. This fourth edition of Plant Roots: The Hidden Half reflects these developments that have transformed not only the field of biology, but also the many facets of root science. Highlights of this new edition include: * The basics of root research and their evolution and role in the global context of soil development and atmosphere composition * New understandings about roots gained in the post-genomic era, for example, how the development of roots became possible, and the genetic basis required for this to occur * The mechanisms that determine root structure, with chapters on cellular patterning, lateral root and vascular development, the molecular basis of adventitious roots, and other topics * Plant hormone action and signaling pathways that control root development, including new chapters on strigolactones and brassinosteroids * Soil resource acquisition from agricultural and ecological perspectives * Root response to stress, with chapters that address the impact of the genomic revolution on this topic * Root-rhizosphere interactions, from beneficial microorganisms to detrimental nematodes * Modern research techniques for the field and the lab Each chapter not only presents a clear summation of the topic under discussion, but also includes a vision of what is to be expected in the years to come. The wide coverage of themes in this volume continues the tradition that makes this work recognized as a fundamental source of information for root scientists at all levels.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439846483 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781439846483 (hbk.)
- 1439846480 (hbk.)
- 9781439846490 (ebook)
- 1439846499 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: