Land snails and slugs of the Pacific Northwest
- Thomas E. Burke ; photographs by William P. Leonard.
- Corvallis : Oregon State University Press, 
- Physical description
- 344 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QL430.4 .B876 2013||Unknown|
- Burke, Thomas E., 1941-
- Includes bibliographical references (331-336) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Terrestrial mollusks, the second largest phylum in the animal kingdom, are vitally important to the earth's ecology. With the publication of "Land Snails and Slugs of the Pacific Northwest, " a definitive and comprehensive guide to snails and slugs of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and western Montana is finally available. Primarily an identification guide, this richly illustrated volume offers complete information on the range of terrestrial mollusk shapes, sizes, and characteristics. It presents an overview of their habitat requirements as well as details of land snail and slug ecology, collection and preservation methods, and biogeography. "Land Snails and Slugs of the Pacific Northwest" is an essential reference for biologists, horticulturalists, gardeners, and naturalists, and anyone wishing to identify species in the field. - Identification keys and species accounts for most of the 245 taxa of terrestrial slugs and snails in the region - 280 full-color photographs of 155 species and subspecies - Range maps for most species.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780870716850 20160612
- Publication date
- 9780870716850 (alk. paper)
- 0870716859 (alk. paper)
- 9780870716867 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: