Genetic explanations : sense and nonsense
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 368 p. ; 24 cm.
QH426.5 .G46 2013
- Unknown QH426.5 .G46 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -354) and index.
- The mismeasure of the gene / Ruth Hubbard
- Evolution is not mainly a matter of genes / Stuart Newman
- Genes as difference makers / Evelyn Fox Keller
- Big B, little b : myth #1 is that Mendelian genes actually exist / David S. Moore
- The myth of the machine organism / Stephen L. Talbott
- Some problems with genetic horoscopes / Eva Jablonka
- Cancer genes : the vestigial remains of a fallen theory / Carlos Sonnenschein and Ana M. Soto
- The fruitless search for genes in psychiatry and psychology : time to reexamine a paradigm / Jay Joseph and Carl Ratner
- Assessing genes as causes of human disease in a multi-causal world / Carl Cranor
- Autism : from static genetic brain defect to dynamic gene-environment-modulated pathophysiology / Martha Herbert
- The prospects of personalized medicine / David Jones
- The persistent influence of failed scientific ideas / Jon Beckwith
- Map your own genes! the DNA experience / Susan Lindee
- Creating a "better baby" : the role of genetics in contemporary reproductive practices / Shirley Shalev
- Forensic DNA evidence : the myth of infallibility / William C. Thompson
- Nurturing nature : how parental care changes genes / Mae-Wan Ho.
- Publication date
- edited by Sheldon Krimsky, Jeremy Gruber.
- 9780674064461 (alk. paper)
- 0674064461 (alk. paper)
- 9780674067769 (ebook)
- 0674067762 (ebook)