Bids, tenders and proposals [electronic resource] : winning business through best practice
- Harold Lewis.
- 4th ed.
- Philadelphia, Pa. : Kogan Page, 2012.
- Physical description
- xiv, 242 p. : ill.
- Chapter - 1: A bid to succeed-- Chapter - 2: Bidding for public sector contracts-- Chapter - 3: Tendering for the private sector-- Chapter - 4: Bidding for research funding-- Chapter - 5: Pre-qualifying for tender opportunities-- Chapter - 6: Deciding to bid-- Chapter - 7: Analysing the bid specification-- Chapter - 8: Managing the bid-- Chapter - 9: Talking to the client-- Chapter - 10: Bidding in partnership-- Chapter - 11: Thinking the work through-- Chapter - 12: Developing and writing the bid-- Chapter - 13: Explaining approach and methodology-- Chapter - 14: Focusing on contract management-- Chapter - 15: Defining outcomes and deliverables-- Chapter - 16: Communicating added value-- Chapter - 17: Presenting CVs-- Chapter - 18: Describing professional experience-- Chapter - 19: Making good use of graphics-- Chapter - 20: Stating your price-- Chapter - 21: Producing and submitting a bid-- Chapter - 22: Understanding how clients evaluate tenders-- Chapter - 23--: Presentations to clients-- Chapter - 24: Do your own tender auditing-- Chapter - 25: Twelve true stories.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780749465612 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This unique book is a practical guide to winning contracts and funding through competitive bids, tenders and proposals. Written in a crisp, accessible style using examples and checklists, it explains how to create bids that are outstanding in both technical quality and value for money. This fully updated fourth edition extends the scope and content of the book to make it an even more useful and practical guide to successful tendering. Bids, Tenders and Proposals now includes advice on winning competitive tenders from international funding institutions and aid agencies as well as the latest information on the EU procurement framework, method statements, prequalification documents and e-tendering. A practical guide to winning contracts and funding through competitive bids, tenders and proposals, this excellent title gives the reader the benefit of powerful, best-practice techniques.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780749465612 20160612
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. : ebrary, 2011. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ebrary affiliated libraries.
- 9780749465612 (e-book)
- 0749465611 (electronic bk.)