Biblia Sacra polyglotta
- Uniform Title
- Bible Polyglot. 1963.
- Graz, Austria, Akademische Druck- u. Verlagsanstalt, 1963-1965.
- Physical description
- 6 v. illus., fold. maps, fold. plans, port. 38 cm.
- Walton, Brian, 1600-1661.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- At head of title: Brian Walton.
- Photo-offset, with new t.p., of the 'London Polyglot' edited by B. Walton (and others) and originally printed in London by T. Roycroft in 1654-58, with t.p. date 1657. Cf. Brit. & For Bible Soc. Hist. cat., 1446.
- Texts in Latin, Arabic, Aramaic, Ethiopic, Greek, Hebrew, Persian, and Syriac; editorial matter in Latin.
- Vol. 1 includes reproduction of the 1657 added illustrated t.p. with title: S. S. Biblia polyglotta ... Vol. 6, with new pref. by F. Sauer, includes a reprod. of the 1657 general t.p. (Biblia Sacra polyglotta ...), the original pref. by Walton, and the prolegomena to the whole work issued originally in 1657 or 8; followed by the original contents of v. 6 (annotations, indexes, etc.) The pref., etc., represent the revised state found in copies issued in 1660 or later, with a dedication to Charles II.
- Related Work
- Bible Polyglot. 1657.