Creative teaching for all : in the box, out of the box, and off the walls
- Jack Zevin.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Physical description
- viii, 213 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1025.3 .Z465 2013||Unknown|
- Zevin, Jack.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Acknowledgments Part I: Introduction: Creative Teaching in the box, outside of the box, and off the walls 1. Creativity and creative teaching defined 2. Work and play, play and work: the genesis of creativity 3. Creative teaching and learning: Theory and practice 4. Dimensions of distraction and invention 5. Engines for creative teaching and learning Part II: Introduction: Engines of Creativity 6. Attention awakened: the power of observation and participation 7. Ideas aroused: formulating definitions and building analogies 8. Investigations stimulated: From puzzlement to perplexity, grasping the mysterious 9. Viewpoints explored: different perspectives and conflicting interpretations 10. Judgments provoked: Apathy to empathy, assessment to commitment, and evaluation to moral choice 11. Rules and rationales for creativity in the 21st Century and beyond References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610484039 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Read Creative Teaching for All as an antidote to rapidly growing pressures for quick and easy teacher results, and constant evaluations. Employ creative ideas to resist teaching to the (usually factual) test, and to the many choking rules, standards, cores, and state regulations that strangle motivation and destroy experimentation. Reclaim teacher control of curriculum design and instructional methods across all fields by boldly going 'outside', even off the walls, where teachers have lived happier lives before the invention of rubrics and rules. Become the truly creative teacher to which you have aspired! Highlights of the book: *Explores and expands opportunities for engaging student conversation and ideas * Adds variety and depth to your teaching methods * Hone questioning and critical thinking skills * Move from lower to higher levels *Reinvent instruction at home, work, or in classrooms as places of imagination and enjoyment.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610484039 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781610484022 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610484029 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610484039 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610484037 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610484046 (electronic)
- 1610484045 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: