Preventing college student suicide
- Deborah J. Taub, Jason Robertson, editors.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2013.
- Physical description
- 103 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- New directions for student services ; no. 141.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1027.5 .N4 NO.141||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Editors' notes / Deborah J. Taub, Jason Robertson
- College student suicide / Deborah J. Taub, Jalonda Thompson
- The public health approach to campus suicide prevention / Elizabeth C. Jodoin, Jason Robertson
- Gatekeeper training in campus suicide prevention / Cory Wallack, Heather L. Servaty-Seib, Deborah J. Taub
- Peer education in campus suicide prevention / Julie A. Catanzarite, Myles D. Robinson
- Suicide prevention for LGBT students / R. Bradley Johnson ... [et al.]
- Suicide prevention in a diverse campus community / Richard Shadick, Sarah Akhter
- Postsuicide intervention as a prevention tool : developing a comprehensive campus response to suicide and related risk / M. Dolores Cimini, Estela M. Rivero.
- Publisher's Summary
- Suicide is the second-leading cause of death among collegestudents. Further, one in ten college students has consideredsuicide in the past year. Experts have called for a comprehensive, systemic approach to campus suicide prevention that addresses bothat-risk groups and the general campus population. Since 2005, 138 colleges and universities have received fundingunder the Garrett Lee Smith Memorial Act to develop and implementcampus suicide prevention programs. This volume highlightssuccessful strategies implemented by grantee campuses. Theseapproaches can serve as models to address student suicide andprevention on other campuses. This is the 141st volume of this Jossey-Bass highereducation quarterly series. An indispensable resource for vicepresidents of student affairs, deans of students, studentcounselors, and other student services professionals, NewDirections for Student Services offers guidelines andprograms for aiding students in their total development: emotional, social, physical, and intellectual.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- New directions for student services, 0164-7970 ; no. 141
- "Spring 2013."
Browse related items
Start at call number: