Recent advances in scientific computing and applications : Eigth International Conference on Scientific Computing and Applications, April 1-4, 2012, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Jichun Li, Hongtao Yang, Eric Machorro, editors.
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 
- Physical description
- ix, 382 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Contemporary mathematics (American Mathematical Society) v. 586.
Math & Statistics Library
QA377 .I5678 2012
- Unknown QA377 .I5678 2012
- International Conference on Scientific Computing and Applications (8th : 2012 : Las Vegas, Nev.)
- Li, Jichun, editor of compilation.
- Yang, Hongtao, 1962- editor of compilation.
- Machorro, Eric A. (Eric Alexander), 1969- editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Multifrequency inverse source problem for elastic waves by S. Acosta, S.-S. Chow, and V. Villamizar Multiscale mortar mixed methods for heterogeneous elliptic problems by T. Arbogast, Z. Tao, and H. Xiao A parallel $hp$-adaptive finite element method by R. E. Bank and H. Nguyen A Posteriori error estimation via nonlinear error transport with application to shallow water by J. W. Banks, J. A. F. Hittinger, J. M. Connors, and C. S. Woodward Multi-physical modeling and multi-scale computation of nano-optical responses by G. Bao, G. Hu, D. Liu, and S. Luo A lagged diffusivity method for computing total variation regularized fluid flow by R. Basnayake, A. Luttman, and E. Bollt Estimating the bias of local polynomial approximation methods using the Peano kernel by J. Blair, E. Machorro, and A. Luttman Stability and dispersion analysis of high order FDTD methods for Maxwell's equations in dispersive media by V. A. Bokil and N. L. Gibson Numerical approximation of a multiscale Leray model for incompressible, viscous flow by A. L. Bowers A high order schema for the numerical solution of ordinary fractional differential equations by J. Cao and C. Xu 3-D patterns in bacterial biofilms by C. Chen and Q. Wang Critical path for an optimal hedging strategy by J. Chen and Z. Wu Reservoir simulation on NVIDIA Tesla GPUs by Z. Chen, H. Liu, S. Yu, B. Hsieh, and L. Shao Two-grid $hp$-DGFEM for second order quasilinear elliptic PDEs based on an incomplete Newton iteration by S. Congreve and P. Houston On the enforcement of discrete mass conservation in incompressible flow simulations with continuous velocity approximation by E. M. D'Agnillo and L. G. Rebholz An adaptive treecode algorithm for computing the evolution of microstructures in an elastic media by H. Feng, A. Barua, X. Li, and S. Li Chebyshev spectral-collocation method for Volterra integral equations by Z. Gu and Y. Chen A numerical method for generalized Fokker-Planck equations by W. Han, Y. Li, Q. Sheng, and J. Tang Numerical study of a viscoelastic flow in a moving domain by J. Howell, H. Lee, and S. Xu A superconvergence of the Morley element via postprocessing by J. Huang, X. Huang, and S. Zhang A nonsmooth Newton multigrid method for a hybrid, shallow model of marine ice sheets by G. Jouvet, E. Bueler, C. Graser, and R. Kornhuber Component modal synthesis for laminar viscous incompressible fluid flow by M. G. Larson and F. Bengzon Numerical analysis of wall adapted nonlinear filter models of turbulent flow by W. Layton and A. Takhirov LNG-FEM: Graded meshes on domains of polygonal structures by H. Li and V. Nistor Homogenized discontinuous Galerkin method for Maxwell's equations in periodic structured dispersive media by J. Li and J. Waters Immersed finite element method of lines for moving interface problems with nonhomogeneous flux jump by T. Lin, Y. Lin, and X. Zhang B-spline Gaussian collocation software for 1D parabolic PDEs by P. H. Muir The central-upwind finite-volume method for atmospheric numerical modeling by R. D. Nair and K. K. Katta Sensitivity computations of the Leray-$\alpha$ model by M. Neda, F. Pahlevani, and W. Waters A sparse multiresolution stochastic approximation for uncertainty quantification by Schiavazzi Schiavazzi, A. Doostan, and G. Iaccarino A mixed finite element method for a time-dependent incompresible MHD problem by D. Schotzau and X. Wei A compact splitting scheme approach on nonuniform grids by Q. Sheng and S. Guha Survey on discontinuous Galerkin methods for Hamilton-Jacobi equations by C.-W. Shu Coupling surface and subsurface flows with curved interfaces by P. Song and I. Yotov Reconstruction of obstacles embedded in waveguides by J. Sun and C. Zheng Full Eulerian modeling and effective numerical studies for the dynamic fluid-structure interaction problem by P. Sun, L. Zhang, C. Liu, and J. Xu A multiple-endpoints Chebysheve collocation method for high order differential equations by S. Wang and Z. Li Discontinuous residual distribution schemes for time-dependent problems by A. Warzynski, M. E. Hubbard, and M. Ricchiuto Stability of partitioned methods for magnetohydrodynamics flows at small magnetic Reynolds number by W. Layton, H. Tran, and C. Trenchea.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume contains the proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Scientific Computing and Applications, held April 1-4, 2012, at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. The papers in this volume cover topics such as finite element methods, multiscale methods, finite difference methods, spectral methods, collocation methods, adaptive methods, parallel computing, linear solvers, applications to fluid flow, nano-optics, biofilms, finance, magnetohydrodynamics flow, electromagnetic waves, the fluid-structure interaction problem, and stochastic PDEs. This book will serve as an excellent reference for graduate students and researchers interested in scientific computing and its applications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Contemporary mathematics ; v. 586
- 9780821887370 (alk. paper)
- 0821887378 (alk. paper)