Connecting the dots between education, interests, and careers, grades 7-10 : a guide for school practitioners
- Klerk, Sarah.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 131 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
LC1037 .K58 2013
- Unknown LC1037 .K58 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 128-130).
- Education: the key to your future
- More education = better-paying jobs
- Studying, learning and getting good grades
- School subjects and how they relate to careers
- Ready or not: high school, here we come
- How interests now spark careers later
- Navigating to the job of your dreams
- There are so many jobs, how do I decide?
- College life: much more than studying and classes, it's fun!
- Publisher's Summary
- Quick solutions for developing career-minded students! Ask most preteens and teenagers about life after high school, and you're likely to get blank looks or bored shrugs. Spark excitement and help kids feel motivated about staying in school by making the college or career connection come alive with this indispensable resource that takes the guesswork out of career awareness counseling. Chock-full of ready-to-use lessons, this book gives busy teachers, school counselors, and parents succinct lessons that generate deep discussion and inquiry about the real world of post-secondary education and work. Extensively researched topics provide frank data and straightforward advice on wages, cost-of-living realities, job market projections, and promising new careers to help students match their interests and abilities to suitable career paths. You'll get students, even those that are struggling, college and career-ready with 20-minute lessons for advisory, afterschool, and mentoring settings Talking points, reflections, and conversation starters to identify interests and abilities Skills assessments and job training requirements to help students make informed decisions about future career paths A companion website with downloadable forms for easy instruction Use this one-of-a-kind, indispensible resource to curb drop out rates and help students take charge of their futures!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Sarah M. Klerk.
- 9781452271903 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1452271909 (pbk. : alk. paper)