Inclusion coaching for collaborative schools
- Toby J. Karten.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, 
- Physical description
- xvii, 191 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1200 .K368 2013||Unknown|
- Karten, Toby J.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 177-186) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction Part I: Collaborative Inclusion Knowledge Chapter 1. The Students Chapter 2. Inclusion Coaching Roles and Partnerships Chapter 3. Connecting the Rules to Inclusion Coaching Strategies Part II: Establishing Inclusion Coaching Baselines Chapter 4. Beginning Steps of an Inclusion Coaching Program Chapter 5. Adaptations, Skills, and Differentiation Chapter 6. Curriculum Planning Part III: Strengths and Challenges of Inclusion Chapter 7. Inclusion Matters Chapter 8. Organization and Communication Chapter 9. Inclusion Lenses Chapter 10. Taking the Inclusion Walk: Instruction, Data, and Assessments Part IV: Professional Development Chapter 11. Framing Inclusion Chapter 12. Collaborative Interdependent Inclusion Skills Part V: Inclusion Coaching Realities Chapter 13. Response to Inclusion Interventions Chapter 14. Relating to Educators Chapter 15. Embracing Achievements Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452268217 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- You know the benefits of inclusion, and your colleagues know that you're the go-to expert when they need assistance with school and classroom implementation. Now you can take your advocacy to the next level with inclusion coaching. Inclusion works best when all team players contribute, and as coach, you'll provide the leadership your school needs to follow through on its mission in a truly collaborative way. Just as instructional coaches help teachers improve their practice and hone their skills, you'll guide your school team in applying the very best inclusion strategies for achieving quantifiable results. Toby Karten's how-to guide will help you: - Establish your own coaching baselines - Introduce research-based strategies for lesson planning, instruction, and recording data - Engage staff in reflective and collaborative inclusion practices - Manage challenges, including scheduling and co-teaching responsibilities With timelines, planning sheets, surveys, frameworks, curriculum examples, and other practical tools, this hands-on guide is the essential resource for the newly minted inclusion coach.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452268217 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781452268217 (pbk.)
- 1452268215 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: