The law in these parts [videorecording]
- Noga ; 8 ; a film by Ra'anan Alexandrowicz & Liran Alzmor.
- Hebrew, English. In Hebrew with subtitles in English.
- New York, NY : Cinema Guild, 
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (105 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Explores the four-decade-old Israeli military legal system in the Occupied Territories. Since Israel conquered the territories of the West Bank and Gaza Strip in the 1967 War, the military has imposed thousand of orders and laws, established military courts, sentenced hundreds of thousand of Palestinians, enabled half a million Israeli "settlers" to move to the Occupied Territories and developed a system of long-term jurisdiction by an occupying army that is unique in the world. The film records the testimonies of the military legal professionals who were the architects of the system and helped run it in its formative years.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Hebrew title Shilṭon ha-ḥoḳ
- Hebrew title שלטון החוק
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2011.
- Disc label indicates duration as 105 min.; disc case indicates duration as 101 min.
- Special features: Theatrical trailers.
- Production Credits
- B.Z. Goldberg, co-producer ; Laura Poitras, co-producer ; Martin Hagemann, co-producer ; Shark de Mayo, cinematographer ; Neta Dvorkis, editor ; Karni Postel, composer.
- Meir Shamgar, Amnon Strashnov, Dov Shefi ... [et al.]
- Not rated.
- DVD-R, all region, widescreen (1.78:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 2.0.
- World Cinema Jury Prize, Documentary, Sundance Film Festival, 2012.
- Jerusalem Film Festival, Best Documentary, 2011.
- Publisher Number
- CG 00135 Cinema Guild