The great jazz guitarists : the ultimate guide
- Scott Yanow.
- Milwaukee, WI : Backbeat Books, 2013.
- Physical description
- xvii, 237 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
ML399 .Y358 2013
- In-library use ML399 .Y358 2013
- Yanow, Scott.
- Includes bibliographical references, discographies, and filmography.
- Introduction to the jazz guitarists
- The 342 great jazz guitarists
- 44 other historic guitarists
- 175 other jazz guitarists on the scene today
- They also played jazz guitar
- Jazz guitarists on film
- Other books on jazz guitarists.
- Publisher's Summary
- The prolific Scott Yanow has outdone even himself with this book, the most comprehensive guide to jazz guitarists ever published. With hundreds of dossiers and discographies on every major (and not so major) jazz guitar player of note arranged in encyclopedia fashion, this is the final stop on anyone's tour of six-string wizards working the swinging side of the street. From Django Reinhardt and Charlie Christian to Pat Metheny, John McLaughlin and even Les Paul to Jeff Beck and beyond (not to mention Wes and Barney and everyone in between) The Great Jazz Guitar Players hits every note, never sharp or flat, and always with the combination of edge, sensitivity, and awe-inspiring depth of knowledge that has made author Yanow one of the most widely read and respected critics and historians in jazz history.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781617130236 (paperback)
- 1617130230 (paperback)