Handbook of cognition and emotion
- edited by Michael D. Robinson, Edward R. Watkins, Eddie Harmon-Jones.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 594 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Part I: Overview of This Volume. Robinson, Watkins, Harmon-Jones, Cognition and Emotion: An Introduction. Part II: Biological Factors and Considerations. Nikolova, Bogdan, R. Hariri, Neurogenetics Approaches: Insights from Studies of Dopamine Signaling and Reward Processing. Weinberg, Ferri, Hajcak, Interactions between Attention and Emotion: Insights from the Late Positive Potential. Pessoa, Pereira, Cognition-Emotion Interactions: A Review of the Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Literature. Wirth, Gaffey, Hormones and Emotion: Stress and Beyond. Part III: Cognitive Processes in Emotion. Yiend, Barnicot, Koster, Attention and Emotion. Hermans, Baeyens, Vervliet, Generalization of Acquired Emotional Responses. Moors, Scherer, The Role of Appraisal in Emotion. Murray, Holland, Kensinger, Episodic Memory and Emotion. Carver, Scheier, Goals and Emotion. Suri, Sheppes, Gross, Emotion Regulation and Cognition. Part IV: Social Cognition. Winkielman, Kavanagh, The Embodied Perspective on Cognition-Emotion Interactions. Forgas, Koch, Mood Effects on Cognition. Vastfjall, Slovic, Cognition and Emotion in Judgment and Decision Making. Schmeichel, Inzlicht, Incidental and Integral Effects of Emotions on Self-Control. Part V: Individual Differences. Thompson, Winer, The Developmental Polyphony of Cognition and Emotion. Augustine, Larsen, Lee, Affective Personality Traits and Cognition: Interactions between Extraversion/Neuroticism, Affect, and Cognition. Harmon-Jones, Price, Peterson, Gable, Harmon-Jones, The Influence of Behavioral Approach and Behavioral Inhibition Sensitivities on Emotive Cognitive Processes. Graziano, Tobin, The Cognitive and Motivational Foundations Underlying Agreeableness. Brackett, Bertoli, Elbertson, Bausseron, Castillo, Salovey, Emotional Intelligence: Reconceptualizing the Cognition-Emotion Link. Part VI: Problems, Disorders, and Treatment. Watkins, Repetitive Thought. Ehring, Kleim, Ehlers, Cognition and Emotion in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. Morrison, Gordon, Heimberg, Anxiety Disorders. Clasen, Disner, Beevers, Cognition and Depression: Mechanisms Associated with the Onset and Maintenance of Emotional Disorder. Carpenter, Bagby-Stone, Trull, Emotional Awareness: Attention Dysregulation in Borderline Personality Disorder. Alloy, Molz, Obraztsova, Shapero, Jenkins, Black, Goldstein, LaBelle, Boland, Abramson, Emotion, Motivation, and Cognition in Bipolar Spectrum Disorders: A Behavioral Approach System Perspective. Baskin-Sommers, Newman, Differentiating the Cognition-Emotion Interactions That Characterize Psychopathy versus Externalizing. Greenberg, Cognition, Emotion, and the Construction of Meaning in Psychotherapy. MacLeod, Clarke, Cognitive Bias Modification: A New Frontier in Cognition and Emotion Research.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781462509997 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Comprehensively examining the relationship between cognition and emotion, this authoritative handbook brings together leading investigators from multiple psychological subdisciplines. Biological underpinnings of the cognition-emotion interface are reviewed, including the role of neurotransmitters and hormones. Contributors explore how key cognitive processes shape emotional phenomena, and vice versa. Individual differences in areas where cognition and emotion interact are addressed. The volume also analyzes the roles of cognition and emotion in anxiety, depression, borderline personality disorder, and other psychological disorders.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781462509997 20160612
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Cognition and emotion
- 9781462509997 (hardcover)
- 1462509991 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: