- by G.H. Hardy.
- 2nd (textually unaltered) ed.
- New York, N.Y. : Chelsea Pub. Co., 1991.
- Physical description
- xvi, 396 p. ; 24 cm.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA295 .H29 1991||Unknown|
- Hardy, G. H. (Godfrey Harold), 1877-1947.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -) and index.
- Introduction Some historical examples General theorems Special methods of summation Arithmetic means (1) Arithmetic means (2) Tauberian theorems for power series The methods of Euler and Borel (1) The methods of Euler and Borel (2) Multiplication of series Hausdorff means Wiener's Tauberian theorems The Euler-MacLaurin sum formula Appendix I. On the evaluation of certain definite integrals by means of divergent series Appendix II. The Fourier kernels of certain methods of summation Appendix III. On Riemann and Abel summability Appendix IV. On Lambert and Ingham summability Appendix V. Two theorems of M. L. Cartwright List of books List of periodicals List of authors List of definitions General index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821826492 20160611
- Publisher's Summary
- This text examines the divergent series.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780828403344 20160611
- From the Preface by J. E. Littlewood: 'All [Hardy's] books gave him some degree of pleasure, but this one, his last, was his favourite. When embarking on it he told me that he believed in its value (as well he might), and also that he looked forward to the task with enthusiasm. He had actually given lectures on the subject at intervals ever since his return to Cambridge in 1931, and he had at one time or another lectured on everything in the book except Chapter XIII [The Euler-MacLaurin sum formula]...[I]n the early years of the century the subject [Divergent Series], while in no way mystical or unrigorous, was regarded as sensational, and about the present title, now colourless, there hung an aroma of paradox and audacity'.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821826492 20160611
- Supplemental links
- Publication date
- Available in another form
- Online version: Hardy, G. H. (Godfrey Harold), 1877-1947. Divergent series. 2nd (textually unaltered) ed. New York, N.Y. : Chelsea Pub. Co., 1991
- 0828403341 (acid-free paper)
- 9780828403344 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: