Reviews of national policies for education : tertiary education in Colombia 2012
- Paris : OECD ; [Washington, D.C.?] : World Bank, c2012.
- Physical description
- 316 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Reviews of national policies for education.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LC171 .R454 2012
- Unknown LC171 .R454 2012
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Overview, achievements and issues
- Vision, structure, governance and management of the Colombian tertiary education system
- Access and equity to tertiary education in Colombia
- Quality and relevance of tertiary education in Colombia
- Quality assurance of the Colombian tertiary education system
- Internationalisation of the Colombian tertiary education system
- Research and innovation in Colombia
- Information and transparency in Colombia's tertiary education system
- Financing of tertiary education in Colombia
- Conclusions and recommendations.
- "In Colombia, the beginning of a new century has brought with it a palpable feeling of optimism. Colombians and visitors sense that the country's considerable potential can be realised, and education is rightly seen as crucial to this process. As opportunities expand, Colombians will need new and better skills to respond to new challenges and prospects. The government is therefore determined to address key challenges confronting tertiary education in the country: expanding enrolment and improving equity, increasing quality and relevance, and making governance and finance more responsive. Colombia has more than a decade of progress under its belt, and the energy to reach ambitious policy goals. Getting there in practice will involve dialogue and consensus-seeking among all stakeholders, as well as new resources and new rules." --Publisher's description.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Tertiary education in Colombia 2012
- Reviews of national policies for education, 1563-4914
- Also available online.
- 9789264180680 (print)
- 9264180680 (print)
- 9789264180697 (PDF)
- 9264180699 (PDF)