Microsatellites : methods and protocols
- edited by Stella K. Kantartzi.
- New York : Humana Press : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 339 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) ; v. 1006.
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QH506 .M45 V.1006||Unknown|
- Kantartzi, S. K. Editor
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Microsatellites : evolution and contribution / Panagiotis Madesis, Ioannis Ganopoulos, and Athanasios Tsaftaris
- Screening of genomic libraries / Valdenice M. Novelli ... [et al.]
- PCR-based isolation of microsatellite arrays (PIMA) / Heng-Sheng Lin and Song-Bin Chang
- Fast isolation by AFLP of sequences containing repeats / Kaisa Rikalainen
- Microsatellite DNA capture from enriched libraries / Elena G. Gonzalez and Rafael Zardoya
- Next-generation sequencing for high-throughput molecular ecology : a step-by-step protocol for targeted multilocus genotyping by pyrosequencing / Jonathan B. Puritz and Robert J. Toonen
- Optimizing selection of microsatellite loci from 454 pyrosequencing via post-sequencing bioinformatic analyses / Iria Fernandez-Silva and Robert J. Toonen
- Identification of DNA-microsatellite markers for the characterization of somatic embryos in Quercus suber / Arancha Gomez-Garay, Angeles Bueno, and Beatriz Pintos
- Simple sequence repeats amplification / Kundapura V. Ravishankar and Padmakar Bommisetty
- Microsatellite amplification in plants : optimization procedure of major PCR components / Sana Ghaffari and Nejib Hasnaoui
- Development of a multiplex PCR assay for characterization of embryonic stem cells / Rajarshi Pal ... [et al.]
- Agarose gel electrophoresis and polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis for visualization of simple sequence repeats / James Anderson, Drew Wright, and Khalid Meksem
- Microsatellite fragment analysis using the ABI PRISM® 377 DNA sequencer / Mark A. Renshaw, Melissa Giresi, and J. Orville Adams
- Robust and inexpensive SSR markers analyses using LI-COR DNA analyzer / Maria del Rosario Herrera and Marc Ghislain
- Use of the MegaBACE for sequencing and genotype analysis / Pamela A. Burger
- Analyzing microsatellites using the QIAxcel system / Deborah A. Dean ... [et al.]
- Microsatellite analysis of malaria parasites / Pamela Orjuela-Sanchez, Michelle C. Brandi, and Marcelo U. Ferreira
- Informativeness of Microsatellite Markers / M. Humberto Reyes-Valdes
- Microsatellite data analysis for population genetics / Kyung Seok Kim and Thomas W. Sappington
- Molecular mapping and breeding with microsatellite markers / David A. Lightfoot and Muhammad J. Iqbal
- Scoring microsatellite loci / Lluvia Flores-Renteria and Andrew Krohn.
- Publisher's Summary
- Microsatellites or simple sequence repeats (SSRs) have become the markers of choice for a variety of molecular studies because of their versatility, operational flexibility, and lower cost than other marker systems. Microsatellites: Methods and Protocols brings together experts in the field to cover this significant area of research. Broken in to four convenient parts, this volume delves into classical and modern methods for the discovery and development of microsatellite markers, descriptions of amplification and visualization of SSRs, automated capillary sequencers that are widely used for fragment analysis, as well as a variety of methods for the analysis of data obtained by the use of microsatellites. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and invaluable, Microsatellites: Methods and Protocols aims at researchers that need detailed protocols for incorporating microsatellite markers into their projects and expert scientists looking to expand their knowledge of SSRs discovery, use, and analysis.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Methods in Molecular Biology ; v. 1006
- 9781627033893 (eBook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: