Plant meiosis : methods and protocols
- edited by Wojciech P. Pawlowski, Mathilde Grelon, Susan Armstrong.
- New York : Humana Press : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- xv, 238 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) ; v. 990.
Biology Library (Falconer)
QH506 .M45 V.990
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.990
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Spreading and fluorescence in situ hybridization of male and female meiocyte chromosomes from Arabidopsis thaliana for cytogenetical analysis / Susan Armstrong
- Analysis of plant meiotic chromosomes by chromosome painting / Martin A. Lysak and Terezie Mandáková
- Using sequential fluorescence and genomic in situ hybridization (FISH and GISH) to distinguish the A and C genomes in Brassica napus / Elaine C. Howell and Susan Armstrong
- Labeling meiotic chromosomes in maize with fluorescence in situ hybridization / Zhi Gao ... [et al.]
- Examining female meiocytes of maize by confocal microscopy / Philippa Barrell and Ueli Grossniklaus
- Three-dimensional acrylamide fluorescence in situ hybridization for plant cells / Elizabeth S. Howe, Shaun P. Murphy, and Hank W. Bass
- Analyzing maize meiotic chromosomes with super-resolution structured illumination microscopy / Chung-Ju Rachel Wang
- Live imaging of chromosome dynamics / Moira J. Sheehan, R. Kelly Dawe, and Wojciech P. Pawlowski
- Immunolocalization of meiotic proteins in brassicaceae : method 1 / Liudmila A. Chelysheva, Laurie Grandont, and Mathilde Grelon
- Immunolocalization of meiotic proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana : method 2 / Susan Armstrong and Kim Osman
- Immunolocalization protocols for visualizing meiotic proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana : method 3 / Xiaohui Yang, Li Yuan, and Christopher A. Makaroff
- Time course for the analysis of meiotic progression in Arabidopsis thaliana / Susan Armstrong
- Analyzing meiotic chromosomes in rice / Zhukuan Cheng
- Analyzing meiosis in barley / James D. Higgins
- Preparing SC spreads with RNs for EM analysis / Lorinda K. Anderson and Stephen M. Stack
- Analysis of the synaptonemal complex in brassica using TEM / Susan Armstrong
- Preparing thin sections of meiotic nuclei for transmission electron microscopy / Ljudmilla Timofejeva
- Characterization of meiotic non-crossover molecules from Arabidopsis thaliana Pollen / Hossein Khademian ... [et al.]
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation for studying chromosomal localization of meiotic proteins in maize / Yan He, Gaganpreet Sidhu, and Wojciech P. Pawlowski
- Analyzing the meiotic transcriptome using isolated meiocytes of Arabidopsis thaliana / Changbin Chen and Ernest F. Retzel
- Analysis of Meiotic Protein Complexes from arabidopsis and brassica using affinity-based proteomics / Kim Osman ... [et al.]
- Identifying meiotic mutants in Arabidopsis thaliana / Wayne Crismani and Raphaël Mercier.
- Publisher's Summary
- Meiosis is one of the most critical processes in eukaryotes, required for continuation of species and generation of new variation. In plants, meiotic recombination is by far the most important source of genetic variation. In Plant Meiosis: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field detail methods for molecular cytogenetics and chromosome analysis in plants. These state-of -the-art protocols allow studying the organization and behavior of the genetic material in a wide range of both model and crop species. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM)series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step and readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Plant Meiosis: Methods and Protocols provides and extensive list of protocols developed and used in a number of laboratories at the cutting edge of meiosis and chromosome research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Methods in Molecular Biology ; 990
- 9781627033336 (eBook)