Best practices in writing instruction
- Second edition.
- New York : The Guilford Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 444 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
LB1576 .B487 2013
- Unknown LB1576 .B487 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I: Designing Writing Programs. Graham, Harris, Designing an Effective Writing Program. Coker, Jr., Writing Instruction in Preschool and Kindergarten. Perin, Best Practices in Teaching Writing for College and Career Readiness. Part II: Types and Purposes of Writing. McKeough, A Developmental Approach to Teaching Narrative Composition. Ferretti, Lewis, Best Practices in Teaching Argumentative Writing. Newell, Van Der Heide, Wilson, Best Practices in Teaching Informative Writing from Sources. Klein, Meichi Yu, Best Practices in Writing to Learn. Part III: Strategies for Teaching and Learning in Writing. Lassonde, Richards, Best Practices in Teaching Planning for Writing. MacArthur, Best Practices in Teaching Evaluation and Revision. Saddler, Best Practices in Sentence Construction Skills. Schlagal, Best Practices in Spelling and Handwriting. Boscolo, Gelati, Best Practices in Promoting Motivation for Writing. Karchmer-Kleil, Best Practices in Using Technology to Support Writing. Shanahan, Best Practices in Writing about Text. Calfee, Greitz Miller, Best Practices in Writing Assessment for Instruction. Part IV: Special Populations. Olson, Scarcella, Matuchniak, Best Practices in Teaching Writing to English Learners: Reducing Constraints to Facilitate Writing Development. Troia, Writing Instruction within a Response-to-Intervention Framework: Prospects and Challenges for Elementary and Secondary Classrooms.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- An indispensable teacher resource and course text, this book presents evidence-based practices for helping all K-12 students develop their skills as writers. Every chapter draws clear connections to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Leading authorities describe how to teach the skills and strategies that students need to plan, draft, evaluate, and revise multiple types of texts. Also addressed are ways for teachers to integrate technology into the writing program, use assessment to inform instruction, teach writing in the content areas, and tailor instruction for English language learners and struggling writers. Helpful case examples are featured throughout. New to This Edition Revised and expanded to address the CCSS. Incorporates the latest research and instructional procedures. Chapters on teaching argumentative and informative writing. Chapters on college and career readiness, writing to learn, writing about texts, and response to intervention.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Steve Graham, Charles A. MacArthur, Jill Fitzgerald.
- Title Variation
- Writing instruction
- 9781462510085 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781462510092 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1462510094 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1462510086 (pbk. : alk. paper)