Lipid-protein Interactions : methods and protocols
Biology Library (Falconer)
QH506 .M45 V.974
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.974
- Kleinschmidt, Jorg H. Editor
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Quartz Crystal Microbalances as Tools for Probing Protein-Membrane Interactions Soren B. Nielsen and Daniel E. Otzen 2. Surface Plasmon Resonance for Measuring Interactions of Proteins with Lipid Membranes Vesna Hodnik and Gregor Anderluh 3. Probing the Thermodynamics of Protein-Lipid Interactions by Isothermal Titration Calorimetry Musti J. Swamy and Rajeshwer S. Sankhala 4. Differential Scanning Calorimetry of Protein-Lipid Interactions Olga Canadas and Cristina Casals 5. Atomic Force Microscopy and Spectroscopy to Probe Single Membrane Proteins in Lipid Bilayers K. Tanuj Sapra 6. Optimized Negative-Staining Protocol for Lipid-Protein Interactions Investigated by Electron Microscopy Mark Garewal, Lei Zhang, and Gang Ren 7. Examining the Protein-Lipid Complexes using Neutron Scattering Luke A. Clifton, Cameron Neylon, and Jeremy H. Lakey 8. Circular-Dichroism and Synchrotron-Radiation Circular-Dichroism Spectroscopy as Tools to Monitor Protein Structure in a Lipid Environment Koichi Matsuo and Kunihiko Gekko 9. Structural Characterization of Membrane Proteins and Peptides by FTIR and ATR-FTIR Spectroscopy Suren A. Tatulian 10. Forster Resonance Energy Transfer as a Tool for Quantification of Protein-Lipid Selectivity Luis M. S. Loura, Manuel Prieto, and Fabio Fernandes 11. A Guide to Tracking Single Transmembrane Proteins in Supported Lipid Bilayers Kumud Raj Poudel, Jeffrey P. Jones, and James A. Brozik 12. Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy to Examine Protein Lipid Interactions in Membranes Viktoria Betaneli and Petra Schwille 13. Analyzing Transmembrane Protein and Hydrophobic Helix Topography by Dual Fluorescence Quenching Gregory A. Caputo and Erwin London 14. Studying Lipid-Protein Interactions with Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of Spin-Labeled Lipids Tibor Pali and Zoltan Kota 15. EPR Techniques to Probe Insertion and Conformation of Spin-Labeled Proteins in Lipid Bilayers Enrica Bordignon and Yevhen Polyhach 16. Solid-State NMR Approaches to Study Protein Structure and Protein-Lipid Interactions Christopher Aisenbrey, Matthias Michalek, Evgeniy S. Salnikov and Burkhard Bechinger 17. Solution NMR Spectroscopy for the Determination of Structures of Membrane Proteins in a Lipid Environment Ashish Arora 18. Nanodiscs as a New Tool to Examine Lipid-Protein Interactions Mary A. Schuler, Ilia G. Denisov, and Stephen G. Sligar 19. The Simulation Approach to Lipid-Protein Interactions Teresa Paramo, Diana Garzon, Daniel A. Holdbrook, Syma Khalid, and Peter J. Bond.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Biological membranes are the essential structuring elements of all living cells. Many enzymatic reactions take place at the membrane-water interface. To gain detailed insight into membrane properties, it is therefore of great importance to understand the complex nature of the interactions of membrane proteins with lipids. Lipid-Protein Interactions: Methods and Protocols provides a selection of protocols to examine protein-lipid interactions, membrane and membrane protein structure, how membrane proteins affect lipids and how they are in turn affected by the lipid bilayer and lipid properties. The methods described here are all actively used, complementary, and necessary to obtain comprehensive information about membrane structure and function. They include label-free approaches, imaging techniques and spectroscopic methodologies. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Lipid-Protein Interactions: Methods and Protocols seeks to serve both professional and novices with its wide range of the methods frequently used in this area of research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; v. 974
- Springer protocols, 1949-2448
- 9781627032759 (eBook)
- 1627032754 (electronic bk.)