Sustainable development at universities : new horizons
- Walter Leal Filho (ed.).
- Frankfurt am Main : Peter Lang, internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften, 
- Physical description
- 994 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- Umweltbildung, Umweltkommunikation und Nachhaltigkeit ; Bd. 34.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB2324 .W67 2012
- Unknown LB2324 .W67 2012
- World Symposium on Sustainable Development at Universities (2012 : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Leal Filho, Walter editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents: Michael Shriberg: Building Sustainability Leaders: A Framework to Prepare Students to Thrive on Complexity and Lead Transformative Changes - Cheryl J. Desha/Karlson 'Charlie' Hargroves: Fostering Rapid Transitions to Education for Sustainable Development through a Whole-System Approach to Curriculum and Organizational Change - Paul Pace: Promoting Education for Sustainable Development through Grassroots Action in Malta: An Example of NGO-University Collaboration - Jennifer Thompson/Amelia Mayahi: Convergence and Confluence: A Systems Thinking Approach to Integrated Sustainability in Higher Education - Anne Sibbel: Bridging the Gaps to Develop Graduate Capabilities for Sustainability - Jennie Winter/Debby Cotton/Vivien Grant: Experiencing Transformation in Sustainability: A Student Perspective - Chris Shiel: Enabling University Leaders to Serve as Role Models for Sustainable Development - Michael A. Reiter/Will J. Focht/Paul A. Barresi/Susan Gill/Richard C. Smardon/Susan L. Baker/Kimberly D. Reiter/Eric Fitch/Terry Rolfe/Sue Bumpous: Making Education for Sustainability Work on Campus: The Proposals of the Roundtable on Environmental Systems and Sustainability - Kerry Shephard/John Harraway/Brent Lovelock/Sheila Skeaff/Liz Slooten/Mick Strack/Tim Jowett: Monitoring Changes in the Sustainability Attributes of Higher Education Students in a New Zealand University - Andelka Mihajlov: Needs for Tailored Knowledge and Skill-Based Education for Sustainable Development: Balkan Environment Life Leadership Standards Courses - Anupama Pasricha: Student Expectations on Content and Pedagogy for Sustainability within Textiles and Apparel Curricula - Mariano Ramirez: Inclusion of Environmental and Social Aspects of Sustainability in Industrial Design Education - Tatiana Teslenko: Using Sustainability in the Integrative Training of Engineering Students in Canada - Rudi Pretorius: The Value of Authentic Learning Spaces to Facilitate Education for Sustainable Development in Open and Distance Learning - Tamara Savelyeva/Jae Park: Complexity of Campus Sustainability Discourse - William M. Stigliani/Catherine Zeman/Gowri Betrabet Gulwadi: Faculty Enrichment Program for Infusing Sustainability Education across the University Curriculum - Patricia E. Perkins/Ana Louise Tavares Leary: Climate Justice Partnership Linking Universities and Community Organizations in Toronto, Durban, Maputo and Nairobi - Kelly A. Parker: Ecohumanities and Service Learning: New Directions in Pedagogy - Mark Giltrow: The Development of a Multidisciplinary Sustainable Business Leadership Degree in a Post-Secondary Institute - Adriano Ciani: The Sustainable Management and Promotion of Territory: A Strategic Operative Education Plan and Training as a Result of Collaboration between Perugia University, Todi's State Technical Agricultural College and the Local Municipality - Jurgis Kazimieras Staniskis: International MSc Programme Environmental Management and Cleaner Production: A Success Story - Tove Holm/Kaisu Sammalisto/Timo Vuorisalo/Thomas S. Grindsted: A Model for Enhancing Education for Sustainable Development with Management Systems: Experiences from the Nordic Countries - Gisela Cebrian/Marcus Grace/Debra Humphris: Developing People and Transforming the Curriculum: Action Research as a Method to Foster Professional and Curriculum Development in Education for Sustainable Development in Higher Education - Kira Giesecke: Introducing the Methodology Background of the Lifestyle Index of Sustainability - Menno de Lind van Wijngaarden/Julia Planko: Impacts of Sustainability Courses on the Behavior of Business School Students - Fayyaz Vellani/Naveed Nanjee: Sustainable Development in Higher Education in the Muslim World - Matthew Rockall: Incorporating Sustainability in Curricula while Meeting Entrenched Traditional Learning Outcomes - Diana C. Cooper: Teaching Sustainable Management to US Undergraduates: Learning to be Change Leaders - Antje Disterheft/Sandra Sofia F.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book, prepared in the context of the UN Conference on Sustainable Development (UNCSD), also known as Rio+20, contains the papers submitted to the World Symposium on Sustainable Development at Universities (WSSD-U-2012), which took place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on 5 and 6 June 2012. It pursues the following main aims: to document and disseminate experiences from universities all round the world regarding education for sustainable development; to foster the exchange of information, ideas and experiences acquired in the execution of projects; and to introduce methodological approaches and projects which aim to integrate the topic of sustainable development in the curriculum of universities. Last but not least, a further aim is to document and disseminate the wealth of experiences available today, providing a truly global coverage. "Sustainable Development at Universities: New Horizons" is a highly comprehensive publication on sustainability in higher education. It is meant to go beyond a description of the current state of knowledge, and shall open the way for new thinking and new horizons in what is a rapidly expanding field, of central interest to both industrialised and developing countries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Environmental education, communication and sustainability, 1434-3819 ; vol. 34
- "Contains the papers submitted to the World Symposium on Sustainable Development at Universities (WSSD-U-2012), which took place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on 5 and 6 June 2012."
- 9783631625606 (hbk.)
- 363162560X (hbk.)