Knowledge production in European universities : states, markets, and academic entrepreneurialism
- Marek Kwiek.
- Frankfurt am Main [Germany] : Peter Lang, c2013.
- Physical description
- 486 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Higher education research and policy (HERP), 2193-7613 ; 3
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC67.68 .E85 K95 2013||Unknown|
- Kwiek, Marek.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -484).
- Contents: Introduction: Changing Universities and Their Changing Environments - The Changing State/University Relationships in Europe - A Panoramic View: The Growing Complexity of the Academic Enterprise in Europe - The University and the State in a Global Age. Renegotiating the Traditional Social Contract in Europe? - The University and the Welfare State in Transition: Changing Public Services in a Wider Context - Reforming Higher Education and Expanding the Regional Mission in the Contexts of the Postcommunist Transition, Accession, and Beyond - Towards Empirical Evidence: Academic Entrepreneurialism and Knowledge Exchange in European Universities - Academic Entrepreneurialism and Private Higher Education in Europe - Academic Entrepreneurialism vs. Changing Governance and Institutional Management Structures in European Universities - Diversified Channels of Knowledge Exchange in European Universities: Major Parameters of University-Enterprise Partnerships.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The book studies transformations of European universities in the context of globalization and Europeanization, the questioning of the foundations of the Golden Age of the Keynesian welfare state, public sector reforms, demographic changes, the massification and diversification of higher education, and the emergence of knowledge economies. Such phenomena as academic entrepreneurialism and diversified channels of knowledge exchange in European universities are linked to transformations of the state and changes in public sector services. The first, contextual part of the book studies the changing state/university relationships, and the second, empirically-informed part draws from several recent large-scale comparative European research projects.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 3631624034 (hbk.)
- 9783631624036 (hbk.)
- 3653025036 (electronic bk.)
- 9783653025033 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: