Sext ed : obscenity versus free speech in our schools
- Joseph O. Oluwole and Preston C. Green III ; with the assistance of Melissa Stackpole ; foreword by Eunice A. Grippaldi.
- Santa Barbara, California : Praeger, 
- Physical description
- xi, 382 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|KF4159 .O45 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 375-378) and index.
- The sexting portrait : the numbers and the human stories
- Child pornography and obscenity statutes
- Obscenity precedents and consensual sexting
- Child pornography precedents and consensual sexting
- The authority of schools to regulate student speech
- Sexting : culturally-normal adolescent behavior.
- Publisher's Summary
- In several states, teenagers who engage in "sexting" could be in violation of child pornography laws-and if convicted of such, teens could end up on sex offender lists with rapists and child molesters. The authors of this text examine this thorny issue, arguing that teenagers who have engaged in consensual sexting should not automatically be punished under child pornography laws. Equally important: the book presents in-depth analysis of the issue of school regulations on sexting pursuant to the Free Speech Clause. This book is the first volume devoted to the topic of consensual student sexting, and how the First Amendment may apply to this unique 21st-century phenomenon. It provides an overview of sexting laws in the United States and does a thorough job of discussing the First Amendment issues that all policymakers, educators, and child advocates should be aware of.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781440829277 20160612
- School discipline > Law and legislation > United States.
- Sexting > Law and legislation > United States.
- Students > Legal status, laws, etc. > United States.
- Freedom of expression > United States.
- Harassment in schools > Law and legislation > United States.
- Child pornography > Law and legislation > United States.
- Publication date
- 9781440829277 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1440829276 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781440829284 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: