- Carla W. Montgomery.
- 10th ed.
- New York, NY : McGraw-Hill, c2014.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings) : col. ill., col. maps ; 29 cm.
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|QE38 .M66 2014||Unknown|
- Montgomery, Carla W., 1951-
- Section One Foundations 1 An Overview of Our Planetary Environment 2 Rocks and Minerals-A First Look Section Two Internal Processes 3 Plate Tectonics 4 Earthquakes 5 Volcanoes Section Three Surface Processes 6 Streams and Flooding 7 Coastal Zones and Processes 8 Mass Movements 9 Ice and Glaciers, Wind and Deserts 10 Climate-Past, Present, and Future Section Four Resources 11 Water as a Resource 12 Soil as a Resource 13 Mineral and Rock Resources 14 Energy Resources-Fossil Fuels 15 Energy Resources-Alternative Sources Section Five Waste Disposal, Pollution, and Health 16 Waste Disposal 17 Water Pollution 18 Air Pollution Section Six Other Related Topics 19 Environmental Law and Policy 20 Land-Use Planning and Engineering Geology Appendix A Geologic Time, Geologic Process Rates Appendix B Introduction to Topographic and Geologic Maps and Remotely Sensed Imagery Appendix C Mineral and Rock Identification.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073524115 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- "Environmental Geology, Tenth Edition", presents the student with a broad overview of environmental geology. The text looks both at how the earth developed into its present condition and where matters seem to be moving for the future. It is hoped that this knowledge will provide the student with a useful foundation for discussing and evaluating specific environmental issues, as well as for developing ideas about how the problems should be solved.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073524115 20160612
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Environmental geology.
- Publication date
- Includes index.
Browse related items
Start at call number: