- Dushyant Kumar Sharma.
- Oxford : Alpha Science International Ltd, 
- Physical description
- 1 volume (various pagings) : ill. ; 25 cm.
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QR41.2 .S537 2013||Unknown|
- Sharma, D. K.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Tools and Techniques in Microbiology: Microscopy / Staining and Staining Techniques / Sterilization Techniques / Microbial World: Classification of Microorganisms / Bacteria / Virus / Fungi / Algae / Protozoa / Microbial Growth and Genetics: Growth of Microorganisms / Culture of Microorganisms / Microbial Genetics / Environmental and Applied Microbiology: Microbiology of Soil / Microbiology of Water / Microbiology of Food / Industrial Microbiology / Microbiology and Health: Basic Concepts of Immunology / Antigen-Antibody Reaction / Vaccine / Microorganisms and Diseases / Control of Microorganisms: Concepts in Microbial Control / Physical Agents of Microbial Control / Chemical Agents of Microbial Control / Antimicrobial Drugs.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781842657508 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- MICROBIOLOGY is the study of microorganisms - organisms which are too small to be seen with unaided eyes. They are present everywhere in our environment. They act both as our friend and foe. They include bacteria, fungi, virus, protozoa and algae. The book deals with various aspects of microorganisms - diversity of microbial life, their physiology and genetics, importance of microorganisms to mankind, methods to control them and tools and techniques to study them. It not only focuses on the fundamentals but also covers the application aspect of the subject. The book will help the readers to explore and understand the fascinating world of microorganisms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781842657508 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781842657508 (hbk.)
- 184265750X (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: