- Jon C. Herron, Scott Freeman.
- 5th ed.
- Boston : Pearson, c2014.
- Physical description
- xiii, 850 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), col. maps ; 28 cm
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QH366.2 .F73 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- I. INTRODUCTION 1. A Case for Evolutionary Thinking: Understanding HIV 2. The Evidence for Evolution 3. Darwinian Natural Selection 4. Reconstructing Evolutionary Trees II. MECHANISMS OF EVOLUTIONARY CHANGE 5. Mutation and Genetic Variation 6. Mendelian Genetics in Populations I: Selection and Mutation as Mechanisms of Evolution 7. Mendelian Genetics in Populations II: Migration, Genetic Drift, and Nonrandom Mating 8. Evolution at Multiple Loci: Linkage and Sex 9. Evolution at Multiple Loci: Quantitative Genetics III. ADAPTATION 10. Studying Adaptation: Evolutionary Analysis of Form and Function 11. Sexual Selection 12. Kin Selection and Social Behavior 13. Aging and Other Life History Characters 14. Evolution and Human Health 15. Phylogenomics and the Molecular Basis --of Adaptation IV. THE HISTORY OF LIFE 16. Mechanisms of Speciation 17. The Origins of Life and Precambrian Evolution 18. The Cambrian Explosion and Beyond 19. Development and Evolution 20. Human Evolution.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780321616678 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- For undergraduate courses in Evolution By presenting evolutionary biology as a dynamic, ongoing research effort and organizing discussions around questions, this best-selling text helps you think like a scientist as you learn about evolution. The authors convey the excitement and logic of evolutionary science by introducing principles through recent and classical studies, and by emphasizing real-world applications. In the Fifth Edition, co-author Jon Herron takes the lead in streamlining and updating content to reflect key changes in the field. The design and art program have also been updated for enhanced clarity. .
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780321616678 20160612
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: 2007.
- 9780321616678 (hbk.)
- 0321616677 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: