Academic interaction with social partners : investigating the contribution of universities to economic and social development
- Glenda Kruss ... [et al.].
- Cape Town : HSRC Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 288 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LA1538 .K78 2012||Unknown|
- Kruss, Glenda.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 203-208) and index.
- A conceptual framework for analysing university interaction with external partners
- Research design and methodology
- Mapping the scale of interaction in the five universities
- International reputation and local relevance: community engagement as service at research university
- Connecting academic work to the public good: social responsiveness at research university
- Community engagement and work-integrated learning: a paradigm shift at the university of technology
- Forging a new academic identity: engagement at a comprehensive university
- A more active development orientation: community engagement at a rural university
- Conclusion: towards university interaction with external social partners.
- "Academic interaction with social partners is a groundbreaking study on the relationship between the university and society in a developing country context. Empirically informed and contextually grounded, the book focuses on the engagement practices of individual academics in five South African universities. ...this ... study aims to map patterns of interaction between universities and a wide range of external social partners."--Back cover.
- Publication date
- 9780796923899 (pbk.)
- 0796923892 (pbk.)
- 9780796923905 (pdf)
- 0796923906 (pdf)
- 9780796923912 (e-pub)
- 0796923914 (e-pub)
Browse related items
Start at call number: