Deterministic versus stochastic modelling in biochemistry and systems biology
QP517 .M3 L43 2013
- Unknown QP517 .M3 L43 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Deterministic chemical kinetics-- The stochastic approach to biochemical kinetics-- The exact stochastic simulation algorithms-- Modelling in systems biology-- The structure of biochemical models-- Reaction-diffusion systems-- KInfer: A tool for model calibration-- Modelling living systems with BlenX-- Simulation of ecodynamics: Key nodes in food webs.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Stochastic kinetic methods are currently considered to be the most realistic and elegant means of representing and simulating the dynamics of biochemical and biological networks. Deterministic versus stochastic modelling in biochemistry and systems biology introduces and critically reviews the deterministic and stochastic foundations of biochemical kinetics, covering applied stochastic process theory for application in the field of modelling and simulation of biological processes at the molecular scale. Following an overview of deterministic chemical kinetics and the stochastic approach to biochemical kinetics, the book goes onto discuss the specifics of stochastic simulation algorithms, modelling in systems biology and the structure of biochemical models. Later chapters cover reaction-diffusion systems, and provide an analysis of the Kinfer and BlenX software systems. The final chapter looks at simulation of ecodynamics and food web dynamics. * Introduces mathematical concepts and formalisms of deterministic and stochastic modelling through clear and simple examples* Presents recently developed discrete stochastic formalisms for modelling biological systems and processes* Describes and applies stochastic simulation algorithms to implement a stochastic formulation of biochemical and biological kinetics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Paola Lecca, Ian Laurenzi and Ferenc Jordan.
- Woodhead Publishing series in biomedicine ; no. 7
- 9781907568626 (hbk.)
- 190756862X (hbk.)
- 9781908818218 (online)