Strong-coupling theory of high-temperature superconductivity
- Alexandre S. Alexandrov.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 180 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC611.98 .H54 A45 2013||Unknown|
- Alexandrov, A. S.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 158-178) and index.
- Preface-- 1. Coulomb and Frohlich interactions-- 2. Small polarons-- 3. Inverse-coupling expansion technique-- 4. High-temperature superconductivity-- 5. Converting boson-fermion mixtures-- 6. Superconductivity from repulsion: theoretical constraints-- 7. Theory and experiment: confirmed predictions-- 8. Experiments explained: normal state-- 9. Experiments explained: superconducting state-- 10. Further predictions-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107018556 20160611
- Publisher's Summary
- High-temperature superconductivity has transformed the landscape of solid state science, leading to the discovery of new classes of materials, states of matter, and concepts. However, despite being over a quarter of a century since its discovery, there is still no single accepted theory to explain its origin. This book presents one approach, the strong-coupling or bipolaron theory, which proposes that high-temperature superconductivity originates from competing Coulomb and electron-phonon interactions. The author provides a thorough overview of the theory, describing numerous experimental observations, and giving detailed mathematical derivations of key theoretical findings at an accessible level. Applications of the theory to existing high-temperature superconductors are discussed, as well as possibilities of liquid superconductors and higher critical temperatures. Alternative theories are also examined to provide a balanced and informative perspective. This monograph will appeal to advanced researchers and academics in the fields of condensed matter physics and quantum-field theories.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107018556 20160611
- Publication date
- 9781107018556 (hbk.)
- 1107018552 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: