Copyright questions and answers for information professionals : from the columns of Against the Grain
- Laura N. Gasaway.
- West Lafayette, Ind. : Purdue University Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 284 p. ; 23 cm.
- Charleston insights in library, archival, and information sciences.
Law Library (Crown)
|KF3030.1 .G368 2013||Unknown|
- Gasaway, Laura N.
- Copyright basics
- Copies for users
- Library reserves
- Permissions and licensing
- Performance and display : libraries and other organizations
- Performance and display : nonprofit educational institutions
- Audiovisual works, sound recordings, and software
- Photographs and graphics
- The Internet and the Web
- Interlibrary loan and document delivery
- Preservation and archiving
- Miscellaneous issues
- Emerging challenges in copyright.
- Publisher's Summary
- Copyright law is a critical issue for authors, librarians, publishers, and information vendors. It is also a complex area, with many shades of gray. Librarians continually need to seek answers to questions ranging from the reproduction of copyrighted works for library users, through the performance of audiovisual works, to the digitization and display of protected works on library websites. This book presents updated versions of the authors copyright columns published in "Against the Grain, " the leading journal in acquisitions librarianship since the late 1990s. It is the first volume in the series "Charleston Insights in Library, Archival, and Information Sciences." The aim of the "Charleston Insights" series is to focus on important topics in library and information science, presenting the issues in a relatively jargon-free way that is accessible to all types of information professionals, including librarians, publishers, and vendors, and this goal shapes the pragmatic and accessible tone of the book. The volume is presented in question-and-answer format. The questions are real, submitted by librarians, educators, and other information professionals who have attended the authors copyright law workshops and presentations or submitted them to her by e-mail or telephone. The author has selected the questions and answers that have general applicability. She has then arranged them into logical chapters, each prefaced by a short introduction to the topic. Because it is written in an accessible and clear style, readers may want to review the entire work or they can just access particular chapters or even specific questions as they need them. The volume includes an index to facilitate reference use.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781557536396 20160611
- Publication date
- Charleston insights in library, archival, and information sciences
- Includes index.
- 9781557536396 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1557536392 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781612492537 (epdf)
- 1612492533 (epdf)
- 9781612492544 (epub)
- 1612492541 (epub)
Browse related items
Start at call number: