The Europeanisation of contract law : current controversies in law
- Christian Twigg-Flesner.
- Second edition.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xix, 230 pages ; 24 cm.
- Current controversies in law.
Law Library (Crown)
|KJC1720 .T85 2013||Unknown|
- Twigg-Flesner, Christian, 1975- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -222) and index.
- The concept(s) of Europeanisation
- Framework of Europeanisation
- Europeanisation : the story so far
- Impact on national law
- Deeper Europeanisation : the common frame of reference
- Towards an optional instrument on EU contract law
- The future of Europeanisation.
- Publisher's Summary
- A process of Europeanising contract law has been driven by the legislative activity of the European Union (EU), which has adopted a string of Directives touching on various aspects of contract law, mainly consumer law. Many of these Directives have dealt with a fairly isolated aspect of contract law. Consequently, the European influence has hitherto been rather fragmented, and lacks overall coherence. This book traces the process of Europeanisation of contract law by critically examining the developments to date and their impact on English law, in particular, as well as the implications of the EU's desire to move towards greater coherence. The arguments for and against greater convergence in the field of contract law are also covered. This second edition has been fully updated to reflect the most recent developments in EU contract law. It includes coverage of the Principles, Definitions and Model Rules of European Private Law (the Draft Common Frame of Reference), and the Consumer Rights Directive and its likely impact on consumer contracts, as well as the proposed Common European Sales Law.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415574037 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Europeanization of contract law
- Current controversies in law
- 9780415574037 (hardback)
- 041557403X (hardback)
- 9780203549377 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: