Religion in education : innovation in international research
- edited by Joyce Miller, Kevin O'Grady, and Ursula McKenna.
- New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 220 pages ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
BL41 .R364 2013
- Unknown BL41 .R364 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Robert Jackson and Warwick research: an introduction / Kevin O'Grady, Ursula McKenna and Joyce Miller
- Ethnography, religious education and The fifth cup / Eleanor Nesbitt
- Muslim education and the Hifz process: some images and issues / Bill Gent
- State-funded Muslim schools: stakeholders and legitimacy in the UK context / Damian Breen
- Diversity and citizenship in a context of islamophobia / Sissel Østberg
- Religious education influencing students' attitutdes: a threat to freedom? / Olga Schihalejev
- The language of inter faith encounter among inner-city primary school children / Julia Ipgrave
- 'Very sad, but it works': one pupil's assessment career in religious education / Nigel Fancourt
- Religious extremism, religious education and the interpretive approach / Joyce Miller
- Action research and the interpretive approach to religious education / Kevin O'Grady
- The interpretive approach and bridging the 'theory-practice gap': action research with student teachers of religous education in England / Judith Everington
- 'Can you be a Muslim and not believe in God?' How fluid or solid are religions? Introducing viscosity to the interpretive approach / Lars Laird Iversen
- Comparative studies in religions and education: the issue of methodology / Oddrun M.H. Bråten
- Reflection on the future of religion in education / Joyce Miller, Kevin O'Grady and Ursula McKenna.
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume explores numerous themes (including the influence of ethnography on religious education research and pedagogy, the interpretive approach to religious education, the relationship between research and classroom practice in religious education), providing a critique of contemporary religious education and exploring the implications of this critique for initial and continuing teacher education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Routledge research in religion and education ; 1
- 9780415659499 (hbk)
- 0415659493 (hbk)
- 9780203067246 (ebk)
- 020306724X (ebk)