Self-driven learning : teaching strategies for student motivation
- Ferlazzo, Larry.
- Larchmont, NY : Eye on Education, 
- Physical description
- xiv, 208 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
LB1065 .F48 2013
- Unknown LB1065 .F48 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 191-208).
- Chapter 1: I Still Want to Know: How Do You Motivate Students? Chapter 2: What Can You Do to Help Students Feel More Positive About School and Learning? Chapter 3: How Do You Handle Rudeness in Class? Chapter 4 : How Can You Best Handle Classroom Management? Chapter 5: I Still Want to Know: How Can You Help Students Develop Higher-Order Thinking Skills? Chapter 6: How Can You Get Students More Interested in Reading and Writing? Chapter 7: How Can You Best Prepare Students for Standardized Tests While Doing No Harm to Them?
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- In this lively, research-based book, award-winning educator Larry Ferlazzo tackles everyday classroom challenges with creative instructional techniques to help middle- and high-school teachers develop self-motivated and high-achieving students. The practical tips, online resources, and mini-lessons in this book encourage students to take charge of their own learning, boosting their success in and outside of the classroom. Detailed lesson plans in every chapter align with the Common Core English Language Arts Standards and cover a variety of valuable skills, including: Personal responsibility and perseverance Social and emotional learning Standardized test-taking strategies And much more!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Larry Ferlazzo.
- 9781596672390 (pbk.)
- 1596672390 (pbk.)