Alan Turing : his work and impact
- edited by S. Barry Cooper and Jan van Leeuwen.
- Waltham, MA : Elsevier, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxi, 914 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- In this 2013 winner of the prestigious R.R. Hawkins Award from the Association of American Publishers, as well as the 2013 PROSE Awards for Mathematics and Best in Physical Sciences & Mathematics, also from the AAP, readers will find many of the most significant contributions from the four-volume set of the Collected Works of A. M. Turing. These contributions, together with commentaries from current experts in a wide spectrum of fields and backgrounds, provide insight on the significance and contemporary impact of Alan Turing's work. Offering a more modern perspective than anything currently available, Alan Turing: His Work and Impact gives wide coverage of the many ways in which Turing's scientific endeavors have impacted current research and understanding of the world. His pivotal writings on subjects including computing, artificial intelligence, cryptography, morphogenesis, and more display continued relevance and insight into today's scientific and technological landscape. This collection provides a great service to researchers, but is also an approachable entry point for readers with limited training in the science, but an urge to learn more about the details of Turing's work. *2013 winner of the prestigious R.R. Hawkins Award from the Association of American Publishers, as well as the 2013 PROSE Awards for Mathematics and Best in Physical Sciences & Mathematics, also from the AAP* Named a 2013 Notable Computer Book in Computing Milieux by Computing Reviews* Affordable, key collection of the most significant papers by A.M. Turing* Commentary explaining the significance of each seminal paper by preeminent leaders in the field* Additional resources available online.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780123869807 20160611
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: