Advances in chemical physics. Volume 153 [electronic resource]
- editors, Stuart A. Rice, Aaron R. Dinner.
- Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons, 2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (ix, 587 p.)
- Advances in chemical physics ; v. 153.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Recent Advances in Ultrafast X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy 1 of Solutions By Thomas J. Penfold, Christopher J. Milne, and Majed Chergui Scaling Perspective on Intramolecular Vibrational Energy 43 Flow: Analogies, Insights, and Challenges By Srihari Keshavamurthy Longest Relaxation Time of Relaxation Processes for Classical 111 and Quantum Brownian Motion in a Potential: Escape Rate Theory Approach By William T. Coffey, Yuri P. Kalmykov, Serguey V. Titov, and William J. Dowling Local Fluctuations in Solution: Theory and Applications 311 By Elizabeth A. Ploetz and Paul E. Smith The Macroscopic Effects of Microscopic Heterogeneity in 373 Cell Signaling By Andrew Mugler and Pieter Rein ten Wolde Ab Initio Methodology for Pseudospin Hamiltonians of 397 Anisotropic Magnetic Complexes By L. F. Chibotaru Author Index 521 Subject Index 551.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118571767 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Detailed reviews of new and emerging topics in chemical physics presented by leading expertsThe Advances in Chemical Physics series is dedicated to reviewing new and emerging topics as well as the latest developments in traditional areas of study in the field of chemical physics. Each volume features detailed comprehensive analyses coupled with individual points of view that integrate the many disciplines of science that are needed for a full understanding of chemical physics.Volume 153 of Advances in Chemical Physics features six expertly written contributions: Recent advances of ultrafast X-ray absorption spectroscopy for molecules in solutionScaling perspective on intramolecular vibrational energy flow: analogies, insights, and challengesLongest relaxation time of relaxation processes for classical and quantum Brownian motion in a potential escape rate theory approachLocal fluctuations in solution: theory and applicationsMacroscopic effects of microscopic heterogeneityAb initio methodology for pseudospin Hamiltonians of anisotropic magnetic centersReviews published in Advances in Chemical Physics are typically longer than those published in journals, providing the space needed for readers to fully grasp the topic: the fundamentals as well as the latest discoveries, applications, and emerging avenues of research. Extensive cross-referencing enables readers to explore the primary research studies underlying each topic.Advances in Chemical Physics is ideal for introducing novices to topics in chemical physics. Moreover, the series provides the foundation needed for more experienced researchers to advance their own research studies and continue to expand the boundaries of our knowledge in chemical physics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118571767 20160612
- Publication date
- Advances in chemical physics ; v. 153
- Title from home page (viewed on April 1, 2013).
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader.